Saturday 27 March 2021

From ArthurS and SanderS: The Challenge Wrap-Up!

 Hoi,

Dear Challengers, that was humongous fun thanks for that! Both Arthur and me had a great time viewing all the excellent admissions and reading all the posts and comments to our own posts. Sadly it's all over for now, even though there's now a Vac Challenge for those of us showing withdrawal sympthoms.

As always, the "wrap-up post" is where we thank everyone who made this Challenge possible; all the old and new Challengers, the redoubtable Minions, Dear Lady Sarah who puts up with all of us claiming her husband as self-appointed deity of Snow and Sillyness and of course Master Campbell himself, thank you all!

Special mention should go to those not attending this year, they are all sorely missed. I personally miss MichaelA, Iannick, Fran and AnneO a lot but I am sure we will be seeing them again in the future.

If I have counted correctly, I am taking part in the Challenge since 2014, making this my 8th event and Arthur's 4th one. As each year, when making the pictures I always forget to put some in. This time we asked my wife to make the picture below.

Afterwards I noticed my Deathwing terminators were missing so I made this picture.

 

Only to discover upon clearing away some of the figures that I had omitted to include the Heroquest Golems and magical creatures...DOH! 

 I will try to keep painting and posting stuff in the Vac Challenge so perhaps I will see you there. Take care, stay healthy and till next year!


Cheers Sander and Arthur

 

19 comments:

  1. you pair have ben brilliant this year. keep it up and see you next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of minis. I particularly like the old Heroquest stuff, that really hits the nostalgia spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, more nostalgia will surely hit the VC and perhaps even the next Challenge!

      Delete
  3. Well done to both of you! Arthur's 4th year??? What a vet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know right?! He's really into it so now I can never decide not to enter the Challenge because he still will want to join anyway!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work you two. I loved all of Arthur's work, the Heroquest figures and the excellent terrain bits. I hope to see you both in the coming AHPC, but until then we have the VC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work boys! As always, I've really enjoyed watching the "Dad & Lad" team in action :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed seeing all the Heroquest figs - very nostalgic - but it's lovely to see all your posts - especially Arthur's! Looking forward to seeing more next time round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel, the pleasure was all ours I am sure ;-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Peter. Hope to see you next year!

      Delete
  8. Great job for you both
    (Arthur - we all know you're doing all the real painting - very nicely done, Sir!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He laughed real hard at that remark Miles!

      Delete
  9. A great effort from the both of you. Not long now before Arthur is painting more than his Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. might well be true Ray! I just need to get him his own cabinet by then ;-)

      Delete
  10. Well done Sander and Arthur!

    ReplyDelete