Saturday 27 March 2021

From BenitoM: Photo Finish and Farewell

This 11th edition of The Challenge has flown away at the speed of light. I guess that lockdown and restrictions are not good to our perception of how time pass by. In any case, as in previous years I have really enjoyed being part of the community and having contributed my small part to the fun of the project.

The idea of the Island dungeon was bright indeed and added another layer of "challenge" (and fun!) to this edition, especially for historical-oriented painters like me... I'm left wondering what evils must be expected for the 12th edition.

In terms of goals, I feel enough satisfied with my scoring (515 points vs a 500 points target) and also the output. I'm a slow painter and feel no shame about it. Most important, this year I decided to take models from unfinished projects of previous years and happily I finished my Early Imperial Roman army for Infamy! Infamy!, reinforced my WW2 German unit with some early war sections and put the foundations for a Germanic warband.

 


 


The selfie I post below has a great significance: it's a photo I took in my last trip abroad (to freezing Chicago) in the last week of February 2020... who could have guessed that only a few days later after landing in Madrid we were going to be locked at home for 4 months.

 


This photo looks like an image from some forgotten times... I wish (more than hope) that these times will return again in late 2021 or 2022, but the feeling of being wasting part of my life and having thrown through the sink a couple of my life's years will not easily be forgotten.

Thanks Curt, Sarah and the Minions for organizang and helping with the Challenge, your effort is really appreciated.

To conclude, farewell fellow Challengers. Take care of yourselves and your beloved ones, I want all of you to gather again in 9 months from now

 

6 comments:

  1. Well done Benito, see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shame in being a slow painter when your minis look that good. The EIR troops for Infamy Infamy are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful retrospective Benito. Your work this year was stellar. You and I work at a slower pace, so it's nice to have a brother in arms (brushes?) during the Challenge. We'll see you in the Vaccination Challenge and hopefully have you out of it before the next AHPC starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed your Romans this year Benito. Hopefully you’ll be able to travel to frigid Chicago again soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benito - your painting is always an inspiration to me - have a great summer and see you next Dec 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great effort Benito! Well done.

    ReplyDelete