Saturday 27 March 2021

from Paul O'G: Challenge Wrap-up

It was great to be back for my seventh Challenge and to help out as a minion for the fourth time. For me it was a Season of two halves: a highly productive first period (while working from home in COVID quarantine) and then steady but stalling progress.

Not bad, but it always seems more at the time I find...

I set myself a target of 750 points and completed 863 points with key projects being Caesarian Romans and Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen. I set myself a 1k stretch goal but fell short at the end as I was renovating my grungy garage into a new gaming studio. Timing could have been better but the outcome is great!

All new lights, wall panelling, insulation, carpet and cabinets!

Overall my Minobus was probably my best single unit but I am most pleased with the way I started and completed the core units of my Caesarian Roman Army.  My most surprising project was my unplanned  monochrome Ninja experiment. Side challenge wise I was well down on skullz this year but still posted 159 noggins, and it was fun to grab 5th in the GW duel.  Best of all it was wonderful to complete the Challenge alongside Reilly and to encourage eachother along the way.

Blood for the Blood God!


Ready to Fight for Caesar!

I've now amassed just over 6000 lifetime challenge points and I'll definitely be back to add to that tally! Thanks Curt, fellow minions and everybody who contributes to the wonderful AHPC community.

17 comments:

  1. A great effort Paul? Surely the new games room's worth a few points, isn't it? As a former Minionin days gone by, I award you an extra 1000 points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought so, but no basing tufts were used. Skullz either, to think of it...

      Delete
  2. Well done Captain Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your excellent services Paul and great looking Man Cave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the duels. The finished hobby room looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart - thanks for being the duels wallah for our side challenges too, they were fun :-)

      Delete
  5. Lovely shot of you surveying your kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful work Paul! I'm still working on my 'man cave' so I'll be taking your excellent example as my vision quest this summer. Thanks again for all your help during the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me once again! My pleasure as always Curt, great to be part of your team making this great event happen.

      My Man Cave theme (inspired by the more clever Mrs Man Cave) was bright and light, which then influenced everything we did. However, I've already discovered that perhaps grey carpet wasn't the best choice, while looking for small dropped sprue parts...

      Delete
  7. Excellent stuff Capn. Your games room looks excellent and I’m looking forward to seeing those Romans on table, and also hearing how your son hands your backside in a handbasket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - that kind of gut kicking is an almost weekly event! :-)

      Delete
  8. Great effort Paul and you ended your post with a graph form a spreadsheet - be still my heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in your honour of course! Thanks mate

      Delete
  9. Congratulations Paul - excellent work!

    ReplyDelete