Thursday 4 March 2021

From TeemuL: Knights of all kinds, Knights Solar (35 points)

The kind gunslinger(ess) guided Shellington to the correct path after sharing some of the contains of the bottle with herself.  Correct path, at least that was what he expected and hoped for. "Oh No!", he screamed after the lady had left him in to a new room and quickly disappeared. "Oh no! Not these people again", he continued. This time the small people seemed quite calm, they seemed to be practicing sword fight and spoke of tobacco and paid no interest to our professor. "Lady Stone, come back!", he yelled and was surprised to hear a polite voice next to him:"I beg your pardon, but lady in distress is what I'm looking for, can you help me?" Uggla turned around and saw a knight in shiny armor. "I'm not sure if I know any ladies in distress, I think I'm the distressed one. The ladies seem to be the only ones who seem to help me, but they are not very helpful in the end." He sighed, Lady Stone had mentioned a knight in a shiny armor and there he was. "This place is a mess and I can't get my thoughts right, but I'm quite sure my laboratory is just behind the corner, follow me please", he said to the knight. But the knight grabbed his arm and went to opposite direction, "I'm sure there is Lady in Distress somewhere here, come on!"


Knights of all kinds and their knightly deeds was asked and that I have delivered. At the end of the last year I posted my remaining Rohans, but there was one Rohan warrior, who wasn't painted. Actually he was not a Rohan, but fought for Rohan (and Shire) and was knighted later on for his actions. I also painted his companion, who was knighted as well. I actually kind of forgot these miniatures when I was planning for Level 3, or at least I forgot their knightyness. So I picked up this ole metal knight, stripped the paints of the previous owner until I remembered the hobbits. In the end I decided to paint them all for this Chamber.




Merry, Knight of the Mark, is painted mostly with Contrast paint to blend in to my other Rohan forces.

Pippin, Knight of Gondor, is painted with traditional paints, mainly black. I don't have other Gondor miniatures, so this is a start of an army, where Merry was an end of one, in a way. I guess I could have painted the cloaks green to make them more Elven cloaks, but I guess in this case the Elven cloaks help them to hide among the ranks. Makes sense, right? These are GW sculpts.

The third knight is mostly metallic paint, but the colorful parts are Contrast painted. He is a Grenadier model from 1987. I got him in a mixed bag of other painted metal miniatures from different manufacturers some time ago, painted by the previous owner. I glued him on a 25mm MDF base so he fits in with other fantasy miniatures I have.

3 miniatures in 28mm, 15 points

20 points for Knights Solar

10 points for GW side challenge, no skulls

P.S. I have not been commenting many posts this year, I have tried, but since at the moment I'm reading the posts from 20th February, I don't think many people will see my comments. Yep, I have about 140 posts to read and the last crazy two weeks are still to come.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely knights, Teemu! Who doesn't love a hobbit in a knightly attire!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I like that you have Pippin included in this trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on these three valiant knights.

    I hear you on keeping up with the posts! So many fantastic minis, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely trio of knights!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete