Monday 22 March 2021

LeeH - Wrapping up... see you all in December!

My personal points target for the whole Challenge was smashed with a few weeks to spare and in the end, I finished with over 300 points clear. Much of that total was gathered through the Chambers of Challenge (572 points in fact!). More importantly, I came out of the whole Challenge with a lot of newly painted figures to play with, focusing on painting practical miniatures rather than display pieces.


Now that I have uploaded this picture (and more importantly, put everything away!) I realise I have missed some items in my display. I painted three 15mm Jeeps for my British Airborne troops that aren't featured here, and several feet of 15mm Trenches also missed the wrap-up photo. It just goes to show that I painted so much even I have forgotten what I got done! 



Its been a great event once again and the camaraderie and friendly competition has been a much welcome salve during a very difficult winter. Congratulations must of course go to Curt for once again running such an amazing event. And of course, we shouldn't forget Lady Sarah for supporting Curt in this huge endeavour. Her contribution should never be underestimated! And while I'm in full 'Hollywood Speach Mode' I should also thank all the Minions for their help keeping this ship afloat. As someone who was a minion several Challenges ago, I can fully appreciate just how much effort all of them will have put into this event. Well done to you all. Lastly, I'd like to thank all the other Challengers for taking part and being such great sports. We have seen some truly amazing displays of painting talent and productivity over the last 13 weeks and it has been an honour and a privilege to count myself amongst such hallowed company.

Now that the Challenge is over the big tidy up commences. My room looks like a gang of ill-tempered goblins has rampaged through it and there's probably a year's worth of static grass embedded in the carpet. Call me crazy (many have) I always look on the post Challenge clean up as the first step towards the next Challenge in a mere 9 months. Let the planning commence!! 

13 comments:

  1. you've had a great challenge. Next time only busts please - thye will explode the spreadsheet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great challenge for you Lee, I was glad to see some 6mm Zulu war figures from you in the end,it wouldn't be a challenge without them!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Lee. Loved seeing your FG figures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff Lee, especially liked the 15mm paras and seems like you have them very well organised in your portrait shot 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I like your 'Hollywood Speech Mode'. :) Well done Lee. I liked all your work, particularly your fantasy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some terrific work this Challenge Lee, very well done ol' chap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work on all your entries, you seemed to make good use of the challenge theme to build up your frostgrave collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done Lee! I enjoyed your entries, and the FG themed ones in particular.

    Will have to dig out my matching T shirt for my own pic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be still my heart, such a fetching spreadsheet graph - I think I might cry....

    Another great challenge from you Lee - it's always a pleasure to interact with you during the Challenge.

    Be well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely painting and well done on this year's output. You are already planning for the next challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some very nice figures there Lee! Awesome stuff allround and I do enjoy your blogposts a lot as well. See you next time!

    ReplyDelete