Monday 22 March 2021

from RayR - Challenge XI Wrap up


 Sadly the 11th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge has come to an end for another year. It was another titanic tussle for all involved, but what a grand motivational experience it was!!!


I gave myself a fairly easy (for me) 1000 point target and hoped for a top 20 placing, but I surpassed both of my targets, mainly due to Covid to be honest. I was put on a staggered part time furlough just before Christmas, so I had to stay at home. Now my wife Emma works from home in our front room, where the TV is. So every morning I sadly had to go up my shed, to get out of her way??? Shame I hear you all cry!!

So I had to sit and paint my figures all day, gutted eh?


The Ottomans


The Haitian Revolution


Graveyard and Donnybrook troops


Ruined Church, rocky terrain and various 25mm and 15mm figures
C£PO and an Alien can be seen lurking at the back!

I painted up

231 x 25mm figures
Various terrain pieces and buildings
44 x 15mm figures
1 x 54mm figure

Here's my performance so far in all the Challenges
Challenge II        4940 points 1st
Challenge III       2586 points 4th
Challenge IV       1227 points 17th
Challenge V          691 points 37th
Challenge VI        681 points 36th
Challenge VII      1093 points 24th
Challenge VIII      662 points 40th
Challenge IX       2274 points 8th
Challenge X        1687 points 11th
Challenge XI       2260 points 8th

So finally a massive Thank You, has to go to Curt, Sarah and all the Minions (even Tamsin!) for all their hard work and also thanks to all the other Challengers who helped push me forward with their great posts and all the great comments!

Cheers! 

35 comments:

  1. Great and impressive display Ray - I especially like the terrain, something I hate working on but know I need to get into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon! This is the first time I've ventured into terrain in a Challenge. Hopefully there'll be more next time?

      Delete
  2. Wonderful work Ray! My fabourites are still the rocks. :) Now, we still need to get a Donnybrook game going, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always impressive man! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a great Challenge Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome challenge, wonderful Ottomans, great looking niche Napoleonics and some super terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with the amount I got painted up.

      Delete
  6. Awesome work Ray. The terrain looks like it will all be really useful, and your Donnybrook collection seems to have grown considerably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my Donnybrook collection is way out of control, oh well?

      Delete
  7. you've had great challenge, loved the Ottomans, other blanket storage devices are available

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what did you do in shed except sleep Ray because obviously you didn't paint! Seriously though fantastic output and real joy watching all the Donnybrook roll out!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Battlestar Galactica while I painted.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic finish, that’s a heck of a lot of figures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful production Ray - and your selfless devotion to painting to make your wife's work easier is a inspiration to us all. I do hope your next project is to find a way to link up your shed and Posties for even bigger gaming!

    Heres to a better summer and a post COVID world. Stay well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Ray, you had a good year

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a powerful amount of kit mate! Blimey, did you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive stuff, Ray. You may need a bigger shed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Ray. A truly impressive amount painted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Ottoman Donnybrook force was surely the pick of the Cherry for me Ray great paintwork! I might take you up on the Donnybrook Challenge if I find something suitable to paint for it by then.

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Sander, there's plenty of Donnybrook scope for a Dutchman, being as the Dutch were one of the main protagonists.
      And I'm pleased you liked the Ottomans!

      Delete