Tuesday 21 December 2021

From TeemuL: Elrond on planet Vulcan [Vulcan] (25 points)

I'm starting my journey in Space from the planet Vulcan, where I found this pointy eared and apparently very logical creature, Elrond the Loremaster, a 28mm scale metal miniature from Mithril Miniatures, code M338. I wanted to start gathering points as soon as possible, so just one miniature and happily one of my primed random miniatures was a nice fit for one of the Outer Ring planets.




The paint job is quite simple, like the miniature, but I went looking for a neat and harmonic paint job, which I think I achieved. The miniature is glued on a 25mm mdf base, which was then covered in white glue and sand before wash and gentle drybrush. The miniature itself is painted with quite pale flesh, the way I think elves are, and the clothes in light colors as well. Some shades of blue and purple have escaped the photos or then it is just my phone repredenting them badly. I went for the black hair as in the movies (I don't remember if it was mentioned in the books). There is some gibberish on the pages of the book. I took some closeups and decided, that the face needs some work, I first thought I wouldn't paint the eyes, but closer looks were terrible (for me) so I painted the eyes and tried to get some texture on tha face.



I'm not super happy, especially for the photos, but this was meant to be a quick job to get things started, so I'm happy with that. More to follow, things related to space, history, fantasy and little bit of everything. @vainvader78 is me in the Instagram, miniatures and boardgames mostly.

5 points for 28mm miniature
20 points for Planet Vulcan

Total 25 points.

__________________________________

Yes, I agree with you Teemu, the thoughtful Elrond would probably find himself quite at home on Vulcan. I've always held a soft spot for the Mithril Miniature castings. They have a smooth, gentle whimsy about them, similar to the art of John Howe actually. I like the rich blue you've chosen for Elrond - again, simple and elegant.

Welcome back to the Challenge Teemu! 

- Curt


30 comments:

  1. Good looking elf/vulcan type!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, so much different than PJ's or GW's Elrond.

      Delete
  2. Elrond from the Planet Prog Rock!
    ;)
    Job's a good' un!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elrond was quite an emo at one point of my painting process. :D

      Delete
  3. Nice work, wonder if I have any pointy ears in the lead mountain....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably have, but do you have time and courage to dig into it?

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you back in the challenge as well! Great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samuli, this Challenge is so much motivating to painting, that I don't want to miss it.

      Delete
  5. Great figure of the Lord Elrond Teemu, good to see you back again!

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking mini to start things off with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stuart, those oldies are a plessure to paint.

      Delete
  7. Very pointy eared indeed! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good start mate, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He came out very well, just your average all high and mighty pointy ear type. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, although Elrond most likely is not average at anything. :)

      Delete
  10. Good choice for the Vulcan location. A nice start to your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea with this Elrond. I have a lot of thise Mithirl miniatures bought in the 80s that I'd like to deidcate some painting time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have loads of them, too, but they are second hand purchases from 00s or something.

      Delete
  12. A simple mini, but done with style, Teemu!I do like the blue robes and it is a nice touch with script in the book and making it look like weathered parchment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Yes, I tried to make the book look old instead of bright white.

      Delete