Tuesday 21 December 2021

From TamsinP: Who's A Good Boy? (14 points)


Row-row-row  huh-huh-huh row-row-row huh-huh row-row-row-row huh-huh-huh row-row-row-row-row
>
> Translation mode engaged:
>
> Language Detected: Canine Canadian
>
>Translating To: Human English
>
>Translation starts:

Hallo! Hallo! I'm Oscar! Have you got treats for me? No? Sob!




Anyway, you might be wondering why I'm here today. Well, last year Daddy-Curt painted figures of my brother Felix ("Sarah Bella and Felix Out For a Ride" and "Sarah Bella and Felix Redux"), but didn't paint any of me. Luckily their nice friend Tamsin (she sends me lovely treats - British squirrel droppings* - they taste so much nicer than Canadian ones) decided that I shouldn't be left out and has painted figures of me.



You probably want to know what I'm up to right now. It's almost Christmas and I know, I know, I know that Mummy-Sarah and Daddy-Curt have hidden my presents somewhere. I'm hunting for them. I've searched the house and they weren't in there, so I've sneaked into the new hobby room.



Sniff-sniff! Hmmm, that box smells of Tamsin - she must have sent me treats! 


I'll just knock it off the shelf and see what's inside...

Sob-sob! No British squirrel dropping treats! Sob-sob!Hmmm, there's a metal box with buttons though. It must be a toy for me! I like toys! Tamsin likes me!!


So, how does this toy work? I guess you push one of these buttons...like this...errrr...ruh-roh!

Stay tuned for "The Adventures of Oscar: Time-Traveler, Slayer of Squirrels** and Very, Very Good Boy***"


* they're actually dog-chocolate drops

** if eating their droppings or barking loudly at them counts as slaying them

*** well, Curt, is he?


Although there are three dog figures in the penultimate photo, I'm only claiming for two of them in this submission (the third will be part of another post).

The figures are 28mm from The Assault Group, part of their "Lurchers & Hounds" pack. They are each about the size of a 15mm horse, so I'll ask for them to be scored as 2 x 15mm foot which comes out as 4 points. 

A small start, but it puts me onto the table on Day 1. 

ps - thanks to Curt for sending me some photos of Oscar so that I could get his markings right-ish.


__________________________________


Awww, Tamsin! Such a good girl!! :)

Wow. This is just fabulous Tamsin, I'm really very touched. Oscar has indeed been missing out on some of the K-9 attention from my paint desk, so it's good that you have his corner for him. You did a great job on his colouring as well, especially his russet patches. I'm definitely going to have to nab a pack of those from The Assault Group to add to my doggie stocks.

As you put in such amazing efforts on this, I think it warrants a few bonus points.  :)

Thank you Tamsin, and welcome back to the Challenge.

- Curt



39 comments:

  1. I knew you'd like it! These mini versions of Oscar will be wending their way across the pond along with some other bits sometime in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Thanks again so much, Tamsin!

      Delete
    2. Ahh, love the doggos!
      I am lookingforward to the continuing adventures of Time-Traveling Oscar!
      👩🏻‍🚀

      Delete
    3. They should be fun adventures, along the lines of my own time-travels in AHPC X! :)

      Delete
  2. Wooof!
    Love them! Having been leaned against, stood on, drooled over and had my cavities searched by said canine, I can say that you’ve captured his goofy good nature well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having never actually met him (or Felix) but imagined what he would be like, so it's good to have it confirmed that I was on the right lines! :)

      Delete
  3. You have captured Oscar to a tee! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! It was fun painting these doggo minis. :)

      Delete
  4. Woof Woof! Nice looking little hounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Barkingly good start of the Challenge Tamsin, can't beat a good Dog now can you?

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      You shouldn't even beat a bad dog! :)

      Delete
  6. Great looking dog! I have difficulty navigating the Assault Group site but now I know they're there I will look them up!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! :)

      It's not the easiest site to find things on. There are various packs of dogs in the "Livestock" section.

      Delete
  7. Nice one Tamsin. Never let it be said us Challengers aren't barking mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think anyone ever said we weren't barking mad! :)

      Delete
  8. Ah, man's best friend. Very well done, Tamsin, the likeness is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Not quite as hairy, perhaps, as the live version. :)

      Delete
  9. I love the post! Oscar and Felix are lovely dogs and this is a great tribute to Oscar A.K.A. "Beef Dip".
    Cheers,
    Douglas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Beef Dip' approves of this comment. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! They certainly look like lovely dogs from the photos I've seen of them. :)

      "Beef Dip"? A bit beefy and a bit dippy?

      Delete
    3. It's actually because of his pink jowls. :)

      Delete
  10. Great looking minis, hopefully Oscar's travels will be filled with squirrel droppings galore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm sure there will be wildlife droppings galore, not just squirrel! :)

      Delete
  11. Wonderful brushwork, Tamsin! The margins are very good, although I've never met Felix. My comfort clothes are covered in dog fur and doggo drool, so I know a good boy when I see one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *markings* ...ducking spell check!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slightly late, only now catching up with previous entrues, well done Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete