Tuesday 21 December 2021

From Dave S - Demons Run - Skaro - 83pts

Thank you for everyone who wished me well.  The covid is more of an inconvenience to me than a sever illness, although it has left me tired all the time, and feeling guilty at staying away from the hospital at a time when things are starting to ramp up again.

What it has done is left me with lots of time to paint, which is why I have a second post in 24 hours.

The "Strange Doctors" theme led me to the big sack of Dr. Who miniatures from Warlord games that have been sat in the cupboard of shame for a few years.  I recently rewatched all of the new series, and I really enjoyed the "Demons Run" story arc.  To that end, I decided that I would paint up some of the forces that were in the episode.  Demons run, when a good man goes to war (or starts to paint toy soldiers).

First up, we have three Headless Monks.  These appear in several of the episodes, and are a good, mysterious bad guys.



Next, we have the Silence.  These are easily one of the most creative bad guys in all of the new episodes.  For those who haven't seen them, they are bad guys who erase themselves from your memory when you are not looking at them.  This causes no end of confusion and stress for our heroes.



By my calculation, that makes

9x40mm Figures - 72pts (provided that the Silence don't erase themselves from Curt's memory)

Skaro Bonus - 20pts

For a total of 92 points.

All of this has served as a distraction from my planned main projects for the Challenge (some armies for Basic Impetus 2)  Next up, will either be the start of some HYW French, or more participants in the Battle of Devils Run.

____________________________________

Great work Dave, you've been very industrious! I particularly 'like' those Silence figures. Now, for the life of me I can remember why... Anyway, I'm sure they were great, um, whatever they were. 

Your math is a bit off as the 40mm figures come to 63 points. So, 83 points total. :) 

I look forward to seeing your upcoming Impetus 2 projects!

- Curt



21 comments:

  1. Great collection of Whovian villains, Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. Very chilling baddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fine I-don't-remember-whats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Dave - love the headless monks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Silence figures, Dave! Love the Headless Monks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Dave, you've been busy, does not seem that the plague is slowing you down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Curt, I clearly used 8 points per model. My only excuse is I couldn't remember what I had painted.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great opening Dave! Some nice looking sculpts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving that deep crimson on the Headless Monks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection of baddies for your Pulp games Dave!

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking bunch of villains!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Silence figures are creepy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent. I Like the Silence. Properly creepy 'monsters'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The monks are great but the Silence are really quite chilling. Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great, love the shading

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are quite nice figures- useful in other genres/settings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent Silence figures, Dave! Love the Headless Monks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Creepy looking villains. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done! I expect many of us will be visiting Skaro and presenting some Dr. Who themed figures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Real nice, Dave! The silence villains are neat, but I really like the creepy monks. They have all kids of uses and I really like the color and shading on the robes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete