Thursday 20 January 2022

From GeoffreyT: Camels and Englishmen (Arrakis)(51 points)

Sarah's Star yacht has deposited us on the desert planet of Arrakis.  No giant worms in this area, however we do have a beginnings of a inter-war British force, with Four Officers and Two pack Camels.

These came as part of a mixed bundle of unpainted second hand miniatures in various brands.  These six are Copplestone Casting 28mm figs.  I don't have any troops to go with this lot yet.  Without subordinates, the Officers formed a complex and bureaucratic command structure in order to ensure there was sufficient paperwork.  

My makeshift brown cardboard light box worked really badly.  I tried getting a low angle shot without miscellaneous junk in the background.
 
For the Officers I opted for a basecoat, wash and highlight.  I didn't really have three matching tones of paint to do a layered painting approach.   This will stand me in good stead when the troops eventually arrive as it will keep the painting time down by using a faster method.

The camels were pretty straightforward.  Just mixed up some varied muted colours for their baggage.

This week I also painted a terrain piece.  A 28mm scale sarcophagus from Reaper Bones.

Here is this terrain piece in use; Royals playing hide and seek in Westminster Abbey.

"...8,9,10, I'm coming, ready or not"

Tally

6 x 28mm miniatures = 30 points (2 camels, 4 officers)

+20 point bonus for Arrakis.

Terrain piece (2"x1"x1").  I calculate this as 0.01 point.  Not much, but I'll take what I can get.


C is for Camels in alphabet soup challenge

B is for British Officers.


Until next week.

Geoff.


Camelicious! These ships of the desert are a Challenge staple. I'll generously round up your terrain to a whole point because I spy a skull on it, which have somehow become my thing.

Barks

15 comments:

  1. Aah camels - very fine and I should know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read the title I knew you‘d be around shortly ;-)

      Delete
  2. Do you think those officers might have the hump about having no troops to command?

    Nice work, Geoff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid set of officers you have their Geoffrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work - I love the camels. And the sarcophagus is such a great piece for gaming. The more sinister they look, the more you are thinking, "Well, let's have a peak inside - I mean, what could go wrong?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid work! I like the camels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every wargamer loves camels, and these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great camels, great British officers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice camels and officers, very useful in your inter war. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Geoffrey:
    Love the camels and the officers are proppa pukka, they look great. There are a few Bob Murch Pulp Figures sets they’d work well with.
    NEVER OPEN A SARCOPHAGUS!!!!!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking Camels and Ruperts, Geoff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post - especially like the British Officers in pith helmet!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely officers,splendid camels and a great looking sarcophagus!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work on these, I really love the camels and the luggage they are carrying. Solid colour choices and shading work on those.

    ReplyDelete