Thursday 20 January 2022

From GeoffreyT: Adventurous Royals (Sarah's Star Yacht)(30 points)

Today we leave Noel's Comet and head off on Sarah's Star Yacht.  I acquired these miniatures as a part of a paint two keep one deal with a friend.  I believe they are from Bad Squiddo Games in 28mm and represent Princess Elizabeth changing a truck tyre whilst being admired by her mother (tyre not included).


Nice miniatures, and an interesting historical record.  However, they are not the most useful figs in wargaming, I think they are really designed for making a vignette.  Nevertheless, I will try and see what different genre's I can fit them into.

Perhaps the Royal ladies are taking a more front line role...

"Cop that Gerry"

Maybe they found a Police Box that was actually a Tardis.  Here is Liz and mum hiding from Daleks.

"Watch out mummy, the egg-beater gun is even more dangerous than the sink-plunger arm"

Or simply, Liz could just be in combat training.  Here she is leaning the art of fighting with empty hands.

"Ki-Hap"

Perhaps she is not combative at all, and they are just having a fun time at a picnic in the park

"Wheeeee"

Perhaps they are at home, dungeoneering in the basement of Windsor Castle

Look out, it's behind you!!!

But what I really think, is that they are trekking across the deserts of their mighty empire.  Here Lizzy is filling the water canteens at a desert oasis.

"Mummy, why are our Camels unpainted?" "One must go to Arrakis to paint desert creatures my dear" "Then we must alight to Arrakis at once, as it would be ghastly to trek unpainted".

And so, Princess Elizabeth and her mother boarded Sarah's Star Yacht and travelled off to Arrakis.

Princess Elizabeth and Mother in 28mm = 10 points
+20 points for Sarah's Star yacht

In the alphabet soup challenge, the letter E for Elizabeth

Cheers.

Geoff.

I clearly have no imagination- I would have put HRH in a vignette changing a tyre and that would have been that. I'm a fan of your bright and clean style.

Barks

16 comments:

  1. Hah! That is really funny! Nice work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun adventures for the Queens Elizabeth, Geoff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the figures but the stories are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely figures and very creatively presented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geoffrey, madness, but splendid madness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a hilarious read, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the laugh to start my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff. My vote is for manning the anti-tank gun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really goofy and made me smile. I like the Bad Squiddo Queen/Princess figures but they are of limited use. Love the yellow on the Queen Mum (who was I know Queen at the time)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great entry to read! Good imagination and nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully zany. Thanks for the big smile.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant. The yellow you have for the Queen's Mum is fabulous. I particularly like her spotting for the panzer takedown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely looking pair of royalty and I love the varied contexts!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are very nice. I really like Bad Squiddo’s figures.

    ReplyDelete