Tuesday 18 January 2022

From MartinC - Some Random Stuff Wot I Painted (245pts)

 Hope you are all well and cracking on with painting and the such like. I had a fun weekend fighting with the Dunsterforce, Lionel Dunsterville was killed by a direct hit from a light howitzer but my Hussars made a valiant charge and captured the Turkish commander, a machine gun and a howitzer. I also went shopping at a bring and buy and bought loads of things for the challenge, including all things Were.

I have also done some painting, with no general theme to it, just some stuff I fancied painting.



WW1 Arab Irregular Cavalry - can't remember the manufacturer but think it was Great War or Artizan or somebody else

These will double up on either side as Arabs or Turkish Irregulars


Next up 15 Russian Civil War Whites. These are Old Glory Boxer Rebellion Russians but uniform is the same. Plan to do lots of Back of Beyond gaming this year

Old Glory are terrible looking unpainted but paint up very well

In a similar vein, 4 Russian sailors


Finally 12 more Sci Fi troops, these are from the Stargrave Mercenaries box with a few hand cast bodies and legs by me - there are so many spare weapons and arms and heads that I can cast up 50 bodies and build them up in 1 box. Great value. Today's task is to find out which ones I cast.



Scores on the doors

31 x 28mm infantry = 155pts
9 x 28mm cav = 90

Total = 245pts


I think, for a "consideration", that I can keep it quiet from Nick at North Star that you have been recasting bodies and legs of his Stargrave figures!

What an eclectic collection of figures. Lovely stuff!

Tamsin



24 comments:

  1. Tamsin, just tell him I'm recycling flashing from figures and he shouldn't provide so many spares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cavalry, but what a fearsome sight they would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Stargrave (and Frostgrave) box sets are amazing with their abundance of choices. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, you get so much stuff. manufacturers should sell spare bodies

      Delete
  4. Excellent potpurri Martin. I love WW1 cavalry from all theatres!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like WW1 cavalry, but so many machine guns!

      Delete
  5. Lots of good looking varied stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve had a great week of painting! Nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite an eclectic mix! And nicely painted too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I love that Arab cavalry. Terrific work, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one does random quite like Martin. Really like the flowing robes on the Arabs

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no stopping you churning out brilliant figures is there Martin? Awesome stuff mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, taking it steady, only painting easy stuff.

      Delete
  11. Nice work Martin. Gotta love an eclectic post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, me too. Next weeks will be even more random

      Delete
  12. Quite an eclectic mix, Martin. I especially like the Russians and the SF troopers look appropriately menacing. Great output!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the blue on the cav!

    ReplyDelete