Thursday 10 February 2022

From DallasE: LotR and Otherworld City Guardsman on Arda (35 points)

Having missed last week I really wanted to keep some momentum going with my painting, so I cranked out some fantasy figures for a trip to Arda (fantasy, Tolkienesque) - I figure they score on all counts.

Of course the models in the centre and right of the photo are Armoured Pippin and Merry from the GW Lord of the Rings range. The model at left is a City Guardsman from Otherworld Miniatures. 

Anyway here's Pippin, painted pretty much as seen on the GW website.

Quite a nice little model all dressed in Gondorian battle kit.

The other half of the set is Merry, equipped as a warrior of Rohan.

Another very nice model, again painted per the GW website.

Here's the Otherworld City Guardsman - a superb model that's sure to come in handy in any urban fantasy setting. I really like this sculpt.

So there's three models for the fantasy/Tolkien theme. Fun and easy to paint.

Points:

3x 28mm models = 15 points

Arda bonus = 20 points

Total = 35 points


Cheers!


Very nice, Dallas. The guard does look the part, and your hobbits are spot-on. After much consideration, I'll allow this for Arda.

Barks

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy these LotR figures! You’ve done such a terrific job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice trio, the guard is a nice mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice trio of figures Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful brushwork Dallas! I especially like that guardsman. Such relaxed character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid figures, Dallas. I have those Merry and Pippin figures and it always raises my morale to see them on the table, even if their fighting value is a little uncertain. I like the Guardsman and thanks for telling us about Otherworld Minis, they have some great stuff for the D&D purist D&D. Lovely.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete