Thursday 10 February 2022

From GeoffreyT: X is for Xanthodontous (Vulcan) (25 points)

Hello,

I was painting this fellow for the letter X, when I conveniently observed he has pointy ears as well, so suitable to claim planet Vulcan.

He is the 28mm hobgoblin that you got with the Silver Bayonet pre-order deal from Northstar miniatures.

As you can see, he is Xanthodontous


He has quite a characterful face, I hadn't really noticed that until I painted him.

This next picture is oblique, so the pointy ears may be verified.


And finally, the obligatory rear shot.


Nasty mould line over his shoulders, I should have scraped that off. 


One 28mm hobgoblin = 5 points

Bonus for vulcan = +20 points

The letter X for Xanthodontous in the alphabet soup challenge.


It has been a busy week from me, but that I think will be the end of it.

Geoff

The benefits of a classical education! Well done in knocking out pointy ears and the letter X with this chap. I like his confident skin tone. The rear shot leaves nothing to the imagination. Thanks for all your posts today, they've been a varied tour!

Barks

6 comments:

  1. Very clever way to get your ‘X’ tick for the Alphabet Challenge! He’s quite intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn’t want to meet him in a dark alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice green monster with fiery red sword!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent brushwork Geoff. Love the green skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's very green .... and suitably nasty.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete