Sunday 27 February 2022

From GregB - A Ride on Sarah's Star Yacht - Elucia Vhane (25 points)

Elucia Vhane, Rogue Trader. 28mm plastic figure from GW.

My exploration of the Challenge XII Quadrant started on Istvaan, and then moved to Glorantha. Further progress in the outer ring will require a journey on Lady Sarah's Star Yacht. For that purpose, I present Elucia Vhane, Rogue Trader and leader of the Elucidian Starstriders. Elucia Vhane is a 28mm plastic figure from GW.

Elucia's wardrobe combines elements of style AND practicality very nicely.

"Rogue Traders" are agents of The Imperium in the GW's Warhammer 30k and 40k settings. While the Imperium is vast, the galaxy still bigger, and Rogue Traders have the authority to explore, trade, conquer, pillage, negotiate - and more! - outside of the Imperium's boundaries. Rogue Traders therefore tend to be very interesting characters. They also get stuck into sticky situations...Elucia Vhane and her ship were no exception - I won't get into the details here, but let's just say things did not end well, and Elucia Vhane's team is a group of "survivors"...

I hope Elucia will enjoy Lady Sarah's Yacht, after things on her own ship, New Dawn, did not work out so well...

Elucia Vhane certainly evokes the style and poise one might expect from a Rogue Trader! She looks sharp, but also emits the proper level of menace. That pistol may look antique, but it can probably take out a squad in one shot. This is a brilliant sculpt from GW, and a lot of fun to paint. In fact, the entire group of Starstriders are excellent figures, and I hope to finish one or two more of them before this edition of the Painting Challenge concludes!

In terms of passage, I am hoping Lady Sarah's Yacht will take me to Arda - where things Tolkein-esque await...and that will be the subject of my next submission, later today!


______________________________


What a fabulous figure, Greg! I admire how you've managed to pick out all of Elucia's wonderfully baroque costume and arcane accoutrements. I especially like her mysterious veil and walking stick (which I'm sure is far more than what it appears to be). 

Consider your passage booked! I look forward to your upcoming fantasy submission for Arda.

- Curt

21 comments:

  1. Oh, I .love this. … excellent colour choices, so rich & vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figure and painting, Greg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job Greg, colour choices are on point and the overall feel really matches the nature of the figure, which is a great sculpt from GW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! The entire "Starstriders" set is brilliantly done by GW.

      Delete
  4. Love it, got some great detail in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on this lovely and stylish figure Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a fantastic figure; beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic looking Rogue trader!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the release of this mini a few years ago. You have painted her very beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Teemu! Hopefully I can finish some more of her team members before the Challenge concludes...

      Delete
  9. Awesome Greg, the colours really complement each other as well as the miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stuff, I’d love to get my hands on these figures.

    ReplyDelete