Wednesday 16 February 2022

From RobH - 3rd Post - Double Feature, Fantasy (40 Points)

My annual contribution for my LOTR collection. I present Shadowfax with some wizard hanging onto his mane.



Early in January I purchased a Briton/Romano-British Warband locally. It came with the following Character figures (Merlin, Guinevere, Bishop, Arthur, Nimue). 

The seller wrote that the warband consisted mostly of Footsore and Gripping Beast miniatures. I have not been able to identify the figure on their websites. 

I think this is Guinevere in disguise. Guinevere stands waiting within some ruins.



The ruins were a plastic bombed out building by Italeri Plastic Models. I filled in the wall with putty and texture paint for the interior, and added the secondary stone wall, all on a 60mm x 80mm base. (3.1" L  x 2.3" W x 2.3" H = 16.4 cubic inches)

Guinevere will allow Shadowfax a trip upon Lady Sarah's Star Yacht to the planet Arda: Fantasy; Tolkienesque 

Scoring -  38 Points

1 - 28mm mounted figure @ 10 points = 10 Points

1 - 28mm Figures @ 5 points each = 5 Points

1 - Terrain Piece @ 3 Points (I figure it is worth a 1/6 of a cube)

1 way ticket aboard Lady Sarah's Star Yacht to Arda @ 20 points

***

Nice work on your double feature here Rob. I love that Gandalf Shadowfax figured - I actually need to track one of those down for my own collection! In terms of scoring, when I work up the spreadsheet magic, it actually comes up to 40 points - so a couple of extra bonus for you :)

GregB

17 comments:

  1. Great to se more LoTR figures Rob. I can identify some of those Arthurian figures; the first is from Gripping Beast's Arthurian Command pack (I suppose he is an advisor); the second (your Guinevere) and the one on the far right are both from Gripping Beast's Arthurian Personalities pack (although they are not named, it is reasonable to assume they are Guinevere and Nimue. The big fella, second from right, is Footsore's King Aella. No idea about the figure in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your assistance. I was sure someone in the group would be able to help out in identifying their origins.

      Delete
    2. King Aella was a helluva fella.

      Delete
  2. Awesome to see some more LOTR. I'm gonna have to work hard to complete my fellowship from ebay me thinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figures, Rob. Can't imagine Guinevere except as Cherie Lunghi from Excalibur, and if I squint at your figure, I can see her.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excalibur is my favorite Arthurian film version of the tale. Not historical in any way, but visually stunning.

      Delete
  4. Nice mix of figures and terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job of Shadowfax and that wizard guy looks pretty ok too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work on the horse and disguised lady, Rob!
    But, you should get 20 points for the Yacht and 20 points for the planet Arda in addition to minis, so you should get 60 points in total. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teemu. Wasn't sure how that worked. Overall on the scoreboard I seem to have received 20 more points than I expected

      Delete
  7. I quite like those Arthurians.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Arthurian figures and Gandalf looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete