Sunday 29 January 2023

From DallasE - Vehicle (parts!) (20 points)

A few odds'n'sods to submit this week, not vehicles exactly but vehicle parts. First up is a resin turret weapon to fit one of my Blood Drinkers Space Marine Rhinos.

It had been sitting in a bits box for probably close on 10 years, so it was time to just get it painted. It took a bit more work than just that though - I also had to fabricate a plasticard base to fit the Rhino's top hatch space.

I'd kept track of the paint mix on our blog but unfortunately, I'd painted the Blood Drinkers so long ago that the GW paints I used no longer exist (Evil Sunz Orange, anyone?)

Anyway here's a couple pics of the Rhino in standard configuration. I like that the Predator turret is easily swapped in or out. If the Rhino itself looks a little "different" that's because it's been converted with "MkI" parts from Chapterhouse Studios (RIP). I really miss that vendor...

And lastly, the Predator turret by itself.


Next up was finishing a couple more weapons for the Reaver Battle Titan - a Volcano Cannon and carapace-mounted Vulcan Mega-Bolter, both shown above

The Volcano Cannon is faintly ridiculous...but you gotta love it.

Vulcan Mega-Bolter ready to dish out some hurt.

Of course I had to stick a plate on the big Volcano.

Pic above shows production with an Iron Warriors Space Marine Sergeant. Just wanted to demonstrate a bit of the scale of the vehicle parts here.

So I'm going to claim 20 points for this lot, I hope that's acceptable. I'll be back next week with something for the Western Desert campaign.


I do like a BFG. Some nice completion work here and yes 20pts is acceptable

17 comments:

  1. Neat work, Dallas! Given the size of that volcano cannon, I'd have claimed it as a vehicle in its own right for points! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kit, the AFV looks suitably battered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring out the guns! Lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Rhino looks great. I do wonder what giant mechs and robots with guns for arms do with all the recoil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to finish those leftover bits that hang about. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work on these weapons. GW's regular reformulations are one of the most irritating things they do to their customers. Don't theyknow it takes decades to paint an army?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid work, the titan in particular

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that titan is fantastic

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Dallas. The size of the Titan's "Volcano Cannon" is incredible, and incredibly hilarious.

    I miss Chapterhouse...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, Dallas! I love the BFG! Grand work on meshing the paint for the APC with the razorback turret too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, that was a bit of a challenge! And yes, Razorback!! I keep forgetting that's what they're called

      Delete
  11. Excellent stuff Dallas. I'm a big fan of the Vulcan Mega-Bolter in AT (lots of dice!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dallas, I don’t think that volcano cannon is big enough… looks great though! :P
    TomC

    ReplyDelete