Sunday 29 January 2023

From StuartL - Into the Void Once More - Lady Sarah's Limousine - 75 Points

Hello again,

To continue my exploration of the AHPC Challenge Studios, GmbH., it is time for another trip in Lady Sarah's Limousine. Once again, I will be offering a miniature from the Void range as payment, and this time heading to the Historical Drama area.


This is another marine from the VASA faction of the game. Void was ahead of its time in offering mixed units of men and women, but still a bit behind the times in terms of design. The men are generally in shooting or action poses, but the women are in more of a 'posing' pose.


As I used the same design of figure for my last trip, I thought I should show you both side by side to prove that I didn't just repaint the skin and call it a day. This brings me to the last of my painted Void figures, so I am going to have to start looking around for more female minis if I hope to continue enjoying the luxury of the limo service.

And to help fill up this post, I also painted up a bunch of Arabian troops for Saga.


These ten figures are a mix of Gripping Beast plastic and Black Tree Designs metal minis. The two ranges scale pretty well together and the BTD figures will help break up the monotony of the 5 poses in the GB figures in my force. 


For historical figures like this, I tend to go for three colours for a force and repeat them for the main items of clothing, in this case their robes and their turbans. This helps to give a slightly uniform look to the force on the table, while still making them look like a bunch of individuals. I haven't done much with the shields, so I may revisit them when I have had time to look up some suitable designs.

So for scoring:
11x 28mm infantry = 55 Points
Lady Sarah's Limousine = 20 Points
Total = 75 Points.

My side duels:
Squirrels +1 = 18
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons, Viridians, Vasa, Junkers, Turnips, Necrons, Tau, Genestealers, WW2 Japanese, Teutonics, Lizardmen, Gnolls, Arabs

Skullz +0 = 188

Turnips +0 = 85 Points

Brilliant use of purple here. Love the Arab chaps as well.

13 comments:

  1. Nice work, the two makes blend well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Arabs and nice void trooper!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are a bit dark, but minis look good. I like your VOID minis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the Arabs Stuart and a nice idea to mix figures as BTD Arabs are really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple on the Void marine and your Arabs look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the limited palette look on your Arabs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting work on the Moors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Stuart, the moors are my favorite

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work, Stuart! I like them all especially the rabble of Arabian infantry. Good color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the Purple figures and you have to love the Arabs as well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I like the VOID figures, I will be googling,!

    ReplyDelete