Sunday 29 January 2023

From StuartL - Lizard Lord - Casting Couch - 70 Points

Hello all,

Last week, I left off with a limo ride to the Casting Couch area of the AHPC Studios, so it is from here that I will pick up this week. 

Last year, I started to paint up a Lizardman army, first with a post for Noel's Comet, then for the Challenge Star and finally in my last post of the challenge. Needless to say, I have done absolutely nothing with the army since then. When I got to the theme of the Casting Couch, I saw a great opportunity to make some more progress with the army and get one of the centrepiece models out of the way. 


While I already have a general in the form of an old Slann Mage-Priest, I wanted something with a little more bite to it for a more melee focussed force, and you can't get much bitier than a giant dinosaur being ridden by another dinosaur.


This model is a Saurus Old-blood mounted on a Carnosaur* by Games Workshop. It is a fully plastic kit, but I added a resin ruin to its base to help stabilise the model as all of the weight is on its back leg. The resin terrain comes from Green Stuff World if memory serves.


As well as being an awesome model in and of itself, it also comes with a couple of skulls to add to my tally for that side duel. The total for the monster and the rider should be enough for one Squirrel.

And because I have a tendency to paint several things at the same time, here are some Gnolls from the Reaper Bones range.


These were first undercoated in brown, and given rough drybrushes of various colours followed by an all-over brown wash. Fast, simple and suitably bestial. Three of the models are identical, but since they will probably just be meat-shields and mooks to be killed by various heroes, that is fine. Five models should also net me a Squirrel here.


So, the final scores for this post:
6x28mm infantry (5 Gnolls and the Dino-rider) = 30 Points
1x28mm monster = 20 Points
Casting Couch = 20 Points
Total = 70 Points




My side duels:
Squirrels +2 = 17
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons, Viridians, Vasa, Junkers, Turnips, Necrons, Tau, Genestealers, WW2 Japanese, Teutonics, Lizardmen, Gnolls

Skulls +2 = 188 

Turnips +0 = 85 Points

I abslutely love lizardmen, and have vast army. Loving the dinosaur and rider

11 comments:

  1. Nice reptiles and dogfaces, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking lizard general and gnolls!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lizards riding lizards - that Carnosaur is an awesome model - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent - like the bitey dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dino rider is very nice, Stuart! Clever solution with the base too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic fantasy minis paint work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Stuart! Reaper makes some great gnolls and I like how you treated them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What’s cooler than a dinosaur? A dinosaur being ridden by another dinosaur!
    TomC

    ReplyDelete