Sunday 12 March 2023

From GuyB: Under Construction - Still! 180 points.

My life has been hectic of late, so forgive the double scoring post. Nevertheless, I have found the time to finish a few miniatures, if not any projects. One such project definitely falls under the heading of 'under construction', for about 20 years...

A lifetime ago, in 2001-02, I introduced my son to the <i>Lord of the Rings<i> Strategy Battle game. While he was enamoured by D&D, he never developed the wargaming habit, and the models sat unloved for a number of years. Recently, I dug them out and started a process of repairs (replacing broken bows) and repainting.

The end result is what could be salvaged from a squad of elves. Bows were replaced with spares from Perry War of the Roses. You'll note some of the bows are different.

I simply dry-brushed the original models white and put a new layer of paint on each.

The Haldir character model does not count, as I kept some of the original paint work (I liked the chainmail he had), so only touched up the cloak, the flesh, the sash, the hair and the base. But he wasn't started from scratch, nor were two others of the models.  


There's also three dead men of Dunharrow.

Moving on... to high adventure! And what better for high adventure than a barbarian! 


Here's Thundarr the Barbarian, with a ghost I missed last time. 


Both use contrast/speed paints to good effect. And what challenges is Thundarr facing? 


Zombies? Yes, some with a lick of different greens to make a ghastly skin tone. 

So in the pile of LOTR shame, you'll spot I have a few more Elves to base up and finish. Definitely 'under construction!' I make 13 elf models (less Haldir and two other models which retain some of the original paint), so 60 points plus three ghosts for 15 points, with the 20-point bonus for the round, that makes ... 100.


We have one hero and eight undead nasties for high adventure, giving us another 45 points plus the 20-point bonus for high adventure. Next time (and I'd better be quick!), there will be some historical drama!

Welcome back and what a great post. My understanding is that you can score points for 1/2 finished  figures in the Under Construction, I'm the minion and I say so. Therefore 180 pts in total
 

12 comments:

  1. Great looking mix of fantasy minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of contrasts there Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Guy! :)

    I think a photo might be missing, as there are only 9 elves plus Haldir that I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Guy, love the elves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Guy - I especially like those undead. It's great to see you back for a victory lap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Guy, Good to see you getting more points on tbe board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Guy! These are well done and I especially love the rescued elf archers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Lotr minis, and salvaged, too!

    ReplyDelete