Sunday 12 March 2023

From DallasE: Afrika Korps and a Few Normans More (55 points)

Just a few models to post this weekend before the "free-fire zone" that is the last week of the Challenge. A couple days ago my order from Perry Miniatures (placed in mid-January) arrived, apparently it was postponed by a UK postal disruption.

In any event, I've started in on the models. First up was this six-man crew set for my Sdkfz. 7 8-ton semi-track, also completed for the Challenge.

The crew figures are really good, typical Perry which says it all. But they are small!

They do look good in the vehicle though. I really like the dude with his legs crossed, talking to his buddy. So much character in these models.

Next I've got "a few Normans more" for the game with GregB coming up this week. Greg said he had some crossbowmen he would bring so I quickly painted my last four unpainted Normans with crossbows.

They went up quite quickly too. Hopefully there will be a space for them in the game.

There was one more spearman to paint as well. 

He was originally going to be a standard-bearer but in looking through the ranks I saw that I had two Crusader Miniatures standard-bearers painted but lacking banners, so I printed some out and rectified that deficiency!

They look OK and will likely take part in this week's battle!

Scoring for this post:

    6x DAK crewmen:     30 points

    5x Norman foot:         25 points

    Total:                          55 points

See you in the free-fire zone!

I bang on endlessly about the variation in german field grey shades (and other variants). Excellent job.
 

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful work dude! The passengers in that prime mover are brilliant and I really like the looks of those new Norman recruits, especially the bannermen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work. Love the AFV passengers. They do look a little small, but the Corgi is a bit overscale for 28mm. Nice standards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Dallas - I like the banners, you can never have too many

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. Love the transport and passengers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work, but the juggernaut Sdkfz 7 caught my eye. And true, Perry's designs are on average much smaller than other brands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking medieval chaps and a lovely half track!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grand work, Dallas! I like the crew on the German truck and the Norman's look very fine. I like the color on the crossbow troops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant work, Dallas, I agree they look good in the vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on these guys Dallas! Can't wait to see those Normans on the table...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good looking minis, both DAK and Normans. Well done, Dallas.

    ReplyDelete