Sunday 12 March 2023

From Paul O'G: Black Templar Characters (28 points)

Building on my Black Templars from last week are these four characters, imposing in their majesty and wonderfully ridiculous overdetailing (supplemented by my bitz box, naturally). Again I have used the 'Zorn palette' with a focus on reds and yellows, cream and black.

This group includes a Bladeguard Veteran Captain, his trusty Lieutenant and Second in Command, veteran Ancient with his impressively large battle standard (complete with remain of a former Chapter Hero) and the Chaplain, inspiring all with his Battle Prayers and Litanies of Loyalty.

The purging of Xenos, Heretics and Mutants is busy work

Thats 4 figs at the standard 7points for these big (35mm to top of head) fellows - nudging me past my AHPC 13 goal! It also means that I've NEARLY finished my Space Marine half of the 9th edition boxed set that came out 3ish yrs ago (so it must be time for a 10th edition!) 

But thats not the last from me - naturally I'm working on something a bit more Turnipy to closeout my season...


Delicious work (note to self don't watch cooking shows when editing posts). Another great addition to your menu


24 comments:

  1. Nice Paul, love the regalia these cart about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - yes, it does add to their combat load!

      Delete
  2. These look great. I like the "dirty feet" look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - it does help integrate the base with the figure

      Delete
  3. Well done! Gives me the 'hope those guys are on our side' vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Grim Darkness of the future, there are no 'good guys'...

      Delete
  4. Wonderful looking Templar characters, Paul! I love all the added spiff for these guys. Talk about being over-accessorised! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt - yes, they are decked out for the Imperium catwalk!

      Delete
  5. Nice work mate. Especially dig the lenses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, those colours work well together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work. The extras are great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with previous comments: excellent and nice work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw a pic of you with Alan this week at your local hobby shop :-)

      Delete
  9. Splendid Templars, love the chaplain. Great colours and a very fine paint job, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fine work, Paul! These are some of the coolest gaudiest marines GW makes and you ratcheted up the gaudy by a power of 10! They look splendid as crusading Templars especially the capt and Lt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are Crusading for the Emperor, you may as well do it in style I say! Thanks David :-)

      Delete