Tuesday 16 January 2024

From: Brettm Heroquest first edition from the Library of Fantasy [Fantasy Section](355 points)

 Finally decided to paint my original version of Heroquest. I'm still up in the air if I will paint the new version or not. I'm not a huge fan of some of the sculpts. Below is the first edition all painted up as I walk through the Fantasy part of the Library



First up the Heroes





Then the Orcs



Goblins hoping to score a hit



Fimers with those extra attack die



Mummies slowly coming at you



Mummies slowly coming at you




Zombies with the huge cleavers



Chaos warriors and sorcerer



Close up



Blood for the blood god



Close up of the undead




Close up of the green tide.


Did all their bases a way I saw on I believe it was a FB post. Gives it the dungeon like look I feel like. We have 16 Orcs, 12 Goblins, 6 Fimirs, 12 Skeletons, 6 Mummies, 6 Zombies, 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Chaos Sorcerer, 4 Adventuring Heroes. Total of 67 figures at 5 points each brings up 335 points. Plus the additional 20 for the Fantasy section of the library. Total 355


 What a great collection of Heroquest miniatures, Brett! I have been looking at Heroquest myself recently, as there is a Dutch version that I might get the juniors to play, and your miniatures sure are inspiring! They have a very distinct, old worldy style to them which your great painting fits very well. Those goblins with their oversized kitchen knives!.Well done and another 355 points on the slate for you.

Ah, please remember to resize your photographs and your labels... And a map would be nice too!



13 comments:

  1. These are great. I love the old minis. I'm with you on the new ones, not sure of the sculpts. Also, the new plastic they are made of may make them a bit more durable, but I'm dubious how well they will take paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good collection, the dungeon tile bases look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heroquest! Wow! Great submission!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on these retro figures. I like the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love this submission. Nice clean brushwork. Heroquest is awesome. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a terrific submission , the figures look amazing colours are so good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic minis, great to see them painted up 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. These bring back some strong feelings of nostalgia. HQ was my first introduction to miniatures and wargaming. Great looking figures and excellent bases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classic sculpts, well painted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very old school and great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work! Kudos on painting the entire boxed set.

    I remember playing a lot of this back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool entry, really nicely painted

    ReplyDelete