Tuesday 16 January 2024

From MartijnN: The Tuesday Tome, Volume III

 Greetings Humans!

I am very sorry, but we have to interrupt this ridiculous "traditions and delicious foods I am not allowed to touch anyway" nonsense for a far more important subject: me.



I am Lucca. I have adopted this bunch of confused humans about half year ago, and I am of course a Labradoodle. I understand that this male human, Martijn, who is supposed who be my Master (although we all know who is really the calling the shots here, don't we: me) has to do some things for you today. I suppose it has something to do with these tiny thingies he insists on colouring each day; for some obscure reason he won't have me play with them (but I still managed to snatch one of them when he wasn't looking, ha!), and he doesn't even want me touching his paw with mine when he is doing that, would you believe it? There is also some female human here, which he seems rather fond of. Well okay, he can cuddle her occasionally, but let's not let things getting out of hand; I will intervene if necessary. I really should be the only woman is his life, and cuddling is for me, right? You have to have a firm hand with these humans, or else they will do whatever they want and misbehave. I have noticed you have one among you who does have that firm hand, I actually think I might quite like this Tamsin lady! Maybe she can share some tips with me for keeping these humans in their place.  

Anyway, you can have my Master (Humouring him of course, I might get a treat for that) for the Tuesdays, but I will insist on my three walks a day. At least. And excuse me, I now have more important things to attend to. There is this amazing white fluffy stuff in the garden, must go check that out.

Ah, one more thing. My human informs me that these Tuesdays Troopers have been very busy and he will be presenting you some more of these papery things you humans call "books" today. Personally I don't see the point in these, apart from the fact they smell funny and you can tear them apart quite nicely, but apparently I am not meant to do that. There seem to be an awful lot of things I am not meant to do. Anyway, here you go:

- From master Miles: "The first principles of carpet bombing"

- From master Brett: "Advance heroic questing for beginners"

- From master Mark: "The Return of the Overdue Swedish Salad"

- From master Peter: "Shoring up your batteries way below zero"

- From master Greg: "The Old Contemptible"

- From master Ian: "Pokémon with Pikes"

- From master Thomas: "Smashing the Anvil"

- From master Simon: : "Resistance: strategies for documentation and suppression"

You can go now and have some fun with these. Be good boys and girls and you may find some treats!

 

8 comments:

  1. on previous Tuesdays you posted pictures of delicious cakes do you make these yourself if so any chance of recipes please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pastry of last week is really only made by the baker. However, oliebollen are easy: take 500 ml lukewarm semi-skimmed milk, 500 grams of flour
      1 bag of dried yeast of 7 grams, 4 tablespoons light brown caster sugar, 1 egg, a pinch of salt and sunflower oil.
      You can add 150 gr currants or raisins (a must really) and/ or 2 apples, cut into small pieces. Let the currants soak in water for at least 15 minutes and drain them. Stir the dried yeast and sugar into the milk and let it soak for a while. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Slowly add the milk and yeast and beat with a mixer fitted with a dough hook until a sticky batter is obtained. Mix in the egg and then slowly stir in the currants. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rise for 60 minutes, preferably in a warm place (I put it in the oven at 40C). The batter should approximately double in size. Heat the sunflower oil to 180 degrees (or use a fryer). Using oil-moistened spoons (or an ice cream scoop), spoon a couple of balls of batter into the fat. After a few seconds you will see the oliebol grow slightly larger and float to the top. Turn regularly. at least once. After about 6 minutes the oliebollen are golden brown and cooked on the inside. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. A brilliant introduction to the day, enjoy the white fluffy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke looks lovely. have a good day and enjoy the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucca you're fabulous (love your scruffy face). Have a great day keeping your people in-line and enjoying your much-deserved walks. Who knows, maybe Martijn will give you a oliebollen as a treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painters best friend photo opp. Cheers Lucca.

    ReplyDelete