Thursday 25 January 2024

From GeoffreyT: The pinnacle of the library (Manga, Science Fiction and Library Cart (139 points)

Hello Challengers

The pinnacle of the library is manga and sci-fi, in more ways than one.  Much underestimated genres that continually push back the boundaries of literature, describing the human condition in innovative ways.

First is the Manga shelf, where I bring you Tintin, Snowy, Calculus and Haddock in 28mm.  These miniature are from 1st corp, and are very nice indeed.  Herge was a giant in the world of graphic novels.



My offering for sci-fi shelf is Alien Greys by Slave2gaming, an Australian brand.  These ten will be a fine warband for Stargrave, not that I am short of options.  They greys have outfits, which does not match historical records that show them as being nude.  This is why these minis are sci-fi, as the uniforms are fictitious.




Having completed the top level of the rotunda, I realised it is a very long walk down, so I hitch a lift on the library cart.  For this I have a female troll from Grenadier miniatures, sculpted some time late in the last millennium.  The troll wears a bikini, which proves bikinis were not invented in the 50s, but preceded them in the fantasy era.



The library as it stands.  4 wings complete.  The library card will drop me in the west wing, which I will tell you more about at a later date.

On the matter of points

3 x 28mm Herge infantry and a dog about 15mm = 3 x 5 + 2 = 17

9 x 28mm grey infantry and one crewed weapon = 9 x 5 + 10 = 55

1 x 40 mm troll = 7 

2 x library shelves and a cart ride = 60

Total = 139 points.


Kind Regards

Geoff.

From Millsy: This is a great mixed bag of stuff Geoff! I grew up with Tin Tin and Asterix graphic novels so this is a real blast from my past. I have to say you've got the colours of the clothing spot on and these are really well executed. The aliens are also great fun and your Grenadier troll is a lovely classic sculpt which is always fun to see even if the bikini should be made of chainmail :-P. 139 points added to your tally mate! 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely work on everything. I picked up the Tintin sculpts long ago from RLBS already painted. The crazily clothed greys i think I need to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tintin figures are coolest out of this great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice minis, Geoff! The female troll especially, even though I have read the Tintin stories as a kid. For some reason Snowy is translated to Milou and professor is Tuhatkauno. I have no idea why... Tuhatkauno is kind of Finnish, but makes no sense, Milou is not. :) Lovely post around the Library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, love the Tintin crew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hergé was a Belgian of course, so bonus points from me, especially if the figures are painted as fine as these! Excellent work, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, yes the Tintin figs are very nice, my only disappointment is they don't make Thompson and Thomson as well !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Geoff, my favourite is the gun thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stuff, especially Tintin!

    ReplyDelete