Wednesday 14 February 2024

From Millsy: More Silver Bayonet (50 points)

Hi All,

This week I'm back with more Silver Bayonet Napoleonic stuff, this time for the British faction.

These are a mix of the official miniatures from North Star plus some extras from Front Rank to bulk out the standard infantry types who are cheapest points-wise and necessary to field a full 8-man team.

I'm happy enough with the end result but really don't enjoy painting British figures for this period. The uniforms are boring and fiddly to my mind, not a match on the cooler stuff from the continental nations.

When surveyed 87% or respondents chose "I have a picnic blanket that matches that tartan"

Mooks, mooks and more mooks

Stand back lads, I've got this!

So that's 10 x 28mm infantry = 50 points. I've just one more batch of Silver Bayonet stuff to do thankfully!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Millsy
 
***
 
Hello again Millsy, and thank you for another bit of outstanding brushwork. While I understand "Silver Bayonet" to be a supernaturally-oriented game, you are still working on historical basis here, and have absolutely nailed all of the colours. I chuckled at your description of painting British uniforms of the Napoleonic era - I rather like all of the red - but it is not just the red colour, or white straps, that you have absolutely nailed, but the tartan and other accents. All brilliant. 
 
Also have to enjoy any game that refers to the British as a "faction" :)  
 
GregB

14 comments:

  1. Those are great sculpts and the painting equally so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. Painting tartans should be extra points :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand bit of brushwork matey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great brushwork Millsy, the bonnet dicing is very well done even though as you mentioned in chat it drove you nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Millsy. SB is one of my new favourite games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a real depth to the reds and blacks that you've achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work even though it may have bored you Millsy. I’ve painted 5 factions and love the figures for SB or also characters in SP2. Had three friends over two weeks gone by for SB and all enjoyed the game. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got five painted factions now too Bruce - British, French, Austrians, Spanish and my own home brew Bavarians made up of mostly Front Rank stuff.

      Delete
  8. Some very crisp painting mate, these brilliant Brits would almost convince me to get into the game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff - really interested to play Silver Bayonets - just wondering what do you like best and least about games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jezz. It's a great game, smooth mechanics, low cost of entry, great minis. I don't really have a dislike TBH!

      Delete
  10. These figures just ooze character, great fun and a lovely paint job

    ReplyDelete