Saturday 2 March 2024

From PaulSS: Union skirmishers and artillery - 60pts

Todays entry is a milestone post, I have had a good search of the pile o'shame and this entry wraps up entirely the last of my unpainted American Civil War figures!


The crew for the gun are from Crusader Miniatures, while the gun itself is one off of the Perry Miniatures plastic frame. I'm pretty sure that there may be another pack of these gunners somewhere but I could not find them.


Rooting through the boxes I also found a couple of frames of Union Skirmishers so these were quickly assembled, primed and painted.


While editing the photos, I saw that there is a lot of static grass still clinging to the figures, I've since attacked them with a stiff brush and they look a bit better although some stubbornly remains.


I did say that these are the last of the unpainted ACW figures and I now have eight 4L Really Useful Boxes full of painted ACW stuff, but I'm now eyeing up an order of "just a few" Sash and Sabre, oh dear! 

Ten 28mm foot figures and a cannon should add 60pts to my total.

Project finished Paul? I think likely not given your post-script... but these artillerists will definitely bring the boom and the skirmishers will do good work in harrying Johnny Reb. Gotta say also that I love the backdrops you use for your photos, looks so good.

Happy to award 60 points for the submission!

Dallas

19 comments:

  1. Well done clearing out a corner of the pile- but these look so good surely you want to replenish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done Paul. Eyeing more is just a natural reaction in our world. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more unpainted ACWs - obviously you need to order more. And paint them up just as nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I hope to paint at least another 50 figures in the backlog before buying anything else, fortunately I'm well on my way to that.

      Delete
  4. I just love the blue you do for your union they are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on knocking over the ACW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "the last of my unpainted"
    "pretty sure that there may be another pack"
    "I'm now eyeing up an order"

    But yes, very crisp paint job and congratulations on finishing a project. Oh, who am I kidding... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, I know, we are all deluding ourselves :D

      Delete
  7. Excellent looking Union troops, the last? Don't make me laugh!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dallas Thank you. My wife, Victoria created the background for me.

    ReplyDelete