Saturday 2 March 2024

From KyleC: (Moar) Blood for the Blood God! (35 pts)

 


So now that I am back, I was able to get a few bits painted up.. 

Finally got this first core unit finished for the Blood God!



Quite happy with what I have here now, and will be great to see them on the table. 



Now this was a fun little project.. I had a Khorogath for my Khorne Age of Sigmar army, but he was missing a crucial bit for the top section, so I never really built it. But I want a unit of Spawns for this army, and this seemed like a good base for one. So after filling it with tissue and super glue ( and airing out the room from the fumes that came from it ) and doing a bit of greenstuff work to give it a body base. From there I just begun to stick a ton of plastic bits on it. Armor panels and the like from the Deamon Prince that I didn't need when building the fantasy version. 

I think he gives off the brutal Killing Blow feeling, but now I need to figure out 2 more to make a full unit of 3.. let's see how that goes then. 


So this is where we stand now for this army.. and it seems I have enough for a 1000 pt force to play a game with. Not the best, but playable all the same. 

Now for the Skull Count so far in this force.. 

- Khorne Lord on Daemonic Mount - 14
- Khorne Lord on Foot - 5
- Khorne Here BSB - 11
- Warqueen - 5
- Chaos Ogres - 15
- Chaos Warriors - 4
- Marauders - 28
- Khorne Chariot - 10
- Chaos Spawn - 36!

Total Skulls so far for the Blood God - 128, which when divided by 8 is 16 proper gifts to the Blood God!

Also I have brought some of my city walls upstairs to the office for photos, but I am not fully sure if it is better or worse for photos.. would be curious on any comments about the photos.. 

For challenge points... 

5 * 28mm infantry - 25 pts
1 * 54mm model - 10 pts

Total 35 pts

Nice work here Kyle, the lads look suitably blood-soaked and ready to spill some gore. "Khorne cares not from where the blood flows..." etc. Your army is looking great and I do fully support the square based regimen. Your Big Fella warrants 10 points for sure!

35 points added!

Dallas

21 comments:

  1. Love the army Kyle. Really impressed with the DIY work on your spawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Was really in a groove for it and just kept adding stuff.. and where it had space... SKULLZ!!! 🤣

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking Khorne. The red really pops next to the gross skin tones. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gross skintones?? They worked hard for that blue and purple bruised look.. in the name of KHORNE!!! 😏

      Delete
  3. Love the skin tones and the vibrant red! And the glowing Khorne symbol.

    Is the tissue paper a bulking agent, like crumpled newspaper under model railway hills?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly that mate. It's all hollow inside and I needed something to give me purchase to cover it. So this was an easy and on hand solution.

      Glad you all like the skintones. And the glowing Khorne symbol. Spent a bit of time trying to get that just right .

      Delete
  4. Beautiful brushwork Kyle. I really like the purplish skintones against the vibrant reds. As you know, I think the walls are terrific, but the stonework sort of is the same palette as these guys and they kinda get lost in the background. My two skulz on the topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. had seen that afterwards, and then thought.. damn.. I have a color scheme standard now.. will have to fix that.. :D

      Delete
  5. Excellent work Kyle. Great production.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The army is coming along well you painting is so nice, great use of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have tried to add in some tonal difference to the models and set a mood. I think it's working so far, which is good to see for a change!

      Delete
  7. Great kitbash and great brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitbash especially.. as I was really enjoying just slapping parts onto it.. the other 2 coming I think will need to also have that philosophy when assembling them .

      Delete
  8. Kyle you have outdone yourself, these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete