Saturday 6 January 2018

From Millsy: Boxer Rebellion Japanese Infantry (61 points)

Time for one more quick entry I think before my posting day goes by for the week. This time I've got some reinforcements for the Imperial Powers for my 55 Days at Peking project. In this instance it is the Japanese and very lovely they are too.


The miniatures are from Oshiro Model Terrain and quite honestly some of the best miniatures I have ever bought. Not only are the incredibly cleanly cast, they are also packed with detail and thoughtfully designed. They come with separate heads and unlike the majority of my experience in this regard these fit very well and are even able to be turned to the side if desired.

Furthermore, they come with separate backpacks (I've left them off to use as supply tokens) which have a locating "lug" that fits neatly into the straps on the back of the miniature meaning they sit perfectly aligned and don't slide while the glue dries. I'd go so far as to say these miniatures are not so much sculpted as crafted.

Anyway, enough praise for the miniatures themselves, here's how they turned out...





The flag is courtesy of Wikipedia and dare I say I learnt a little about this history of the rising sun motif whilst sorting it out. Every day is a school day!

So that's me done posting for the week with another 60 points for my tally.

Cheers,
Millsy

_____________________________________

Lovely work Millsy. These figures sound like little gems - they certainly look it under the skillful attention of your brush. I like the white gaiters and the peaked caps with the yellow piping. Very sharp work. I've seen Oshiro terrain featured on Twitter and the craftsmanship is incredible, so it's good to know it extends to their other products. Must keep these in mind for the future.

These dozen Japanese infantrymen will give you 60 points plus one for the rising sun flag. This will slide you into third place in the points standings. Well done Mr. Mills!


14 comments:

  1. Very nice! I haven’t come across this company before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed Millsy-san !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is coming on nicely Millsy, great work! That dark blue is very good and you have highlighted them exquisitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these Sir. Great to see the terrain start to come alive with the introduction of the troops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handsome looking troops! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Japanese , good for the start of the russo Japanese war too.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking figures Millsy! There's a nice classic toy soldier look to their poses which fits the colonial era and the spiffy uniforms nicely. Good work on the flag too - the day I stop learning is the day I turn off the lights for good.
    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent progress with your project Millsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a bad boy, tempting me like this. Fantastic brushwork that man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice entry indeed Millsy!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some glorious looking Japanese troops, Millsy! The detail on them is good but even better with that clean brushwork!

    ReplyDelete