Saturday 26 January 2019

From Barks: Slaves to Dorkness (35 points)

I really like the Traitor Guard from Blackstone Fortress. They're lovely dynamic sculpts with characterful detailing. My favourite is the grenadier, who has a great realistic pose and is festooned with a bandolier of grenades and pyrotechnics. One of the riflemen has multiple blades and throwing knives and shanks secreted on his webbing and in his boots, and has kill notches on his lasgun.



I have no-one else to blame but myself for painting them as Slaanesh devotees, the Chaos deity of excess and hedonism. Pink requires multiple thin coats to look good- then there's the edge highlighting... Worst of all, I've got another squad to go...

I've unshackled the Skull-o-meter™: 11

7x28mm infantry

_________________

These are pinktastic, Barks. Lovely, clean brushwork is a treat, as usual. As you say these Blackstone fortress models are just terrific and I'm loving that we're being treated to a variety of interpretations of the boxed set over this edition of the Challenge. I have a copy sitting in the LeadShed and am really looking forward to delving its depths once the squirrel guides me back to it.

Let the Skull-o-meter rattle and hum. 

Curt


21 comments:

  1. Who brilliant Pepto pink on these duds Barks. Well done on the squad and it's great to see the Skullometer clicking up points - I was beginning to worry that you might be ...sane. I do think you should throw down a Skullometer Side Duel one of these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I unshackle the skullometer, everyone wins!

      Delete
  2. Barks, the pink is inspired. It really adds character and dimension to the figures. They're amazing, and the pink is all to your credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I’m glad you think so!

      Delete
  3. Oh my Barks, I immediately recognised the models but the pink threw me off a bit untill the word Slaanesh reached my Imperially conditioned mind... It is a very daring but appropriate choice and well executed at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic colour scheme. I've often wondered what environment Slaanesh might use their camo (!) in. Excellent for ambushing unicorns at sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been troubled by sunset unicorns? No? You’re welcome.

      Delete
  5. I heartily approve of the colour scheme, they’ll be nice and easy for the lunatic adventurer with the flamer to find them and burn them all this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute traitor guardsmen! Love the pink!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these guys Barks - very punchy colour scheme, just right for devotees of Slaanesh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work on them! I'm really hoping they'll bring out more for a proper traitor guard. The sculpts are really amazing and some of my favorites from GW from the last few years

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on the pink Barks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks crazy but fits the background. Great work on dark and light colour contrast. Tricky colour to work with but you have done a top job. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well there is no doubt about where their allegiance lies. Nice work - it’s a difficult colour to master.

    ReplyDelete