Saturday 26 January 2019

From DaveD: Terrain for Normandy [50 points)

I am enjoying cracking on with bits for my 15mm Normandy collection - in fact JamesM , MartinC, myself and few other friends have a large game to play tomorrow using James’s Brits and Germans.

Today’s terrain contribution is a set of resin buildings made by Tiger Terrain. They are wonderfully designed and executed. Great clean, crisp casting work which makes them an absolute joy to paint.

So first up "L'elgise St Martin" - a classic Norman church. The roof and the tower all comes apart for ease of access to the inside and swapping out the tower for a damaged version - it’s had small magnets added to hold it together... I have added a scratch made weather vane to the full tower piece made from piano wire and piece of tape cut to shape and hardened with PVA.




its a good sized piece as the M3 shows.

Next up it's the farmhouse and barn set , with both of them in a damaged state too - again all the roofs are removable with magnets to hold them in place.



really nice cast detailing on this one . 
 and all the buildings together



In terms of value it equated to a volume of 2 1/2 terrain cubes so 50 points


__________________________________


Ooh, that's a lovely street of terrain, Dave. That church is a real beauty, especially with the option of swapping in the wrecked bits and the addition of your bespoke weather vane - very, very nice. Tiger Terrain, eh? I get a distinct sense that I'm going to be spending a good bit of time Sunday checking out new vendors. Well done, sir and I hope you guys have a great game tomorrow.


21 comments:

  1. I like those buildings Dave! That church is very nice in particular. I like the colours that you used for the stonework, looks every bit the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers_ I have indeed seen a number similar in Normandy

      Delete
  2. Superb work and stellar photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent scenery Dave, it must be brilliant to have the damaged versions too! Makes for fery versatile terrain I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes I think I need to get on and order some more bits !

      Delete
  4. Your stone work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers .. it’s a brilliant cast .. makes paining easy

      Delete
  5. These are great, love the detail and your painting brings it alove

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful buildings and great choice of color!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to Normandy a lot .. I have a good stock of reference pics...

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking buildings! Really nice in original and damaged finish! Love that church, great colours!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Excellent work, Dave, I do love me a bit of terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking buildings. The option to switch them around is very clever.

    ReplyDelete