Sunday 22 December 2019

From AlexS: Prizeman and his Dog (35 Points)

Hello all. My name is Alex and I am from Russia. I am very glad that I am once again taking part in this wonderful event. 



My miniature today is a board game survivor and his dog. He re-opens a world that has changed. It seems to me that this miniature is very suitable as a prize for someone who explores a mysterious island.



I also begin my journey in exploring this magical island. And I'll start with Awdry's Atoll, because his work has always been for me a source of inspiration and an example of how to engage in a hobby. I thought for a long time about what I would do with his task and the answer came to me in a dream (Russian ideas come in a dream, have you heard about Mendelev?). I hope that Mr. Awdry will be pleased with my work, which was inspired by his work, which he did a long time ago.



________________________

Ahh, it's great to see you again Alex from Russia! Welcome back the Challenge.

I really like your tithe figures. Really, who doesn't like a good dogo, and that adventurous fellow looks to have a physique that is more in line with many in our hobby - packing that little extra for those lean times. :) Good beard too! 

Now, that disc, nut shells and bark has me more than a little intrigued. I wonder what you'll come up with using that lot. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the completed piece, as I'm sure MichaelA will be as well!

35 points for you debut on the scoreboard, Alex. Well done!

-Curt


29 comments:

  1. Nice work, Alex! I know some board games can be a bit tough on the players, but I've never known them claim to be "survivors" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking survivor and canine companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking survivor and dog!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great figures, and good to see you back in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Alex, One man and his Dog is a popular TV programme here in Yarkshire 😁

    Regards Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Alex! Welcome back to the Challenge, it's always great to see your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Greg, I'm glad we met again here!

      Delete
  7. Nice figures, Alex - good to see you back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice figure Alex and good to see you back on board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the survivor figure, Alex. It is nice seeing other body shapes besides the lean warriors and the red suit is definitely distinctive! He has a dog and a grand beard, obviously a man of distinction!

    ReplyDelete