Monday 30 December 2019

From AlexS: terrain from clay and branches...(20 pts)



Hello all. My name is Alex and I love to build. I built a couple of sheds on my site outside the city, and they have not fallen yet. But more I like to make wargame terrain from improvised materials. In my country it is called "from clay and branches." And here is another small post on this topic. I found it possible to bring to your attention a few photos in the process.





It seems to me that this is a very easy way to make a lumberjack village with heaps of already harvested tree trunks, a watchtower from which you can see the forester, and a toilet (we were taught in the army that the first thing to do in position was a toilet). And he painted it all with an airbrush, and it seems to me that it looks decent, given that little time and effort has been spent on the work.











6x6x6 inch cube - 20 pts

I congratulate everyone on the upcoming New Year, and let your brushes never run out of steam!

_______________________________

Another tour de force tutorial on home-built terrain. Fantastic work Alex. I'm always amazed by the creativity and resourcefulness of your submissions.  These lumber piles, tower and outhouse look brilliant. You should go pro! Now, all you need is a figure of Paul Bunyan and his blue Ox, Babe. :)

-Curt

15 comments:

  1. Awesome looking terrain. I am always inspired by your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your approach to the hobby, Alex, and you always produce excellent results starting with unexpected materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super batch of scratch building!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too Alex! :)

    Nice terrain pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work... I might have to steal some of these ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, great work as always Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking terrain and the muted colour choice ties it all together really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Quite an effective use of natural resources I dare say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how very cool, good use of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely terrain and painting!

    ReplyDelete