Monday 30 December 2019

From Barks- Intrepid archaeologist (30 points)

This figure is from Copplestone, and was a joy to paint. I've had it for years, and it was one of those figures where the paint flowed off the brush into the right places exactly as pictured in my mind's eye.




I now see that the fresh base paint picked up some fluff in my haste to photograph it!

This is my submission for entry, and is thus worth an additional 25 points.

__________________________

Lovey work Barks (amazing work on the eyes). I know what you mean about these castings from Copplestone. I have an inexplicable affinity to them - they are just so characterful and easy to paint. As you say, the brush just knows where to go and they always look terrific. This guy is so iconic, one of the best not-Indy figures out there, and a perfect choice for an entry figure. Well done!

-Curt

34 comments:

  1. Great job mate - the face detail and shading is excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul- I'm regretting not doing any stubble.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on this young Indy fellow. I usually see some dust on my varnish too when I do the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just in such a hurry to get them up...

      Delete
  3. Lovely work, Barks. Isn't that just a terrific casting - just aching for you to add some paint to it? You've more than done Indy justice, though - fine work, Sir!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe how long it took me! He's been floating about for many years.

      Delete
  4. Excellent work on this Totally-Not-Indiana Jones figure! Love how the face turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work on NQ Indy Barks. Amazing job on the eyes, when I try eyes I end up with pandas or raccoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that if I point my tongue just so...

      Delete
  6. great work on a cracking figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, the giy sound familiar to me... very good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine what you mean, Benito! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Great looking adventurer! Lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. The face is really good on this excellent figure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely figure and excellent brushwork.

    ReplyDelete