Monday 23 December 2019

From MattK: Riders of Rohan (120 Points)

I had grand ambitions of getting these posted in the first day of the challenge but alas real life got a little in the way again this year. One of my short term goals is to play through the new War in Rohan book so I've been hammering away on my Rohan Army to go alongside the Uruk-Hai I started last challenge. First entry from me for this challenge is 12 Riders of Rohan.


These are regular plastic Games Workshop Lord of the Rings figures mostly painted in a mad dash yesterday evening.




Twelve 28mm Cavalry should net me 120 points and put me up on the board. I can't wait to see what this year's challenge has in store.

_________________________________

Well Matt, you've put the extra time to good use as these Riders look terrific (I love the mass of them). I've always had a soft spot for these figures as they look so dynamic and seem very evocative of the books' description of the Riders.  I also like your clean brushwork, especially on the shields, and the bases really give the impression of them galloping across the plains of Rohan. Lovely stuff.

120 points for your debut on the board. Welcome to Challenge X, Matt!

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking riders of Rohan

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favourite fantasy regiments, top job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ride! Riiiiideee! Great looking Rohirrim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forth, Eorlingas! Nice work, Matt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely dynamic riders - and pretty good to complete twelve horsemen in an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Death! Death!!!

    I’m in awe of your painting speed. I’ve got a dozen of these to paint and it has taken me years to not get started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on these riders and fast work too. I really like the movement in these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine looking host of horsemen. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your army.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mighty Rohan warriors, awesome 👍

    Regards Ken

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Matt! These chaps look as if they'll teach Saruman a lesson or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking horsemen, scenes from the book/ movies spring to mind seeing them arrayed like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ride now! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!
    Very nicely executed riders indeed. Top stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Rohirrim are my favorite fantasy force and I blame Ralph Bahski and his Lord of the Rings animated film for influencing my childhood before I read Tolkien. Wonderful work on the riders, Matt!

    ReplyDelete