Monday 23 December 2019

Challenge X Information Bulletin



Hello Challengers!

Just a short information bulletin and a few silly requests.

1. When you draft up a Challenge Island submission please write in the location (I.e. Sander’s Sand Dunes, Piper’s Peak, etc.) in the ‘Label’ area. This way it makes it easy for all of us to spy navigate who has done what for each area on the island. I'll make up a gallery for each location, so we can keep track of the various entries.

2. Except for Snowlord's Peak, you can revisit Challenge Island locations as many times as you like, but you will have to redo the task and you won’t get the bonus points on any repeat visits. Yes, no points-mining with multiple balloon trips (though Sarah may come up with some sort of frequent flier scam promo to keep things interesting).

3. Please don’t use pointy brackets when labelling your post as <Ready>. Yes, I know that’s what I originally asked you to do, but it turns out I’m an idiot. Who knew? (Well, actually, Sarah knows, but that's beside the point). In fact the pointy brackets makes 'Ready' invisible in the preview screen! Wow, kinda like a superpower, but not really.

4. The tariff figure(s) can be of anything and in any scale. If you want to paint one for a fellow Challenger just let me know and I'll make note of it for when they reach the summit of SnowLord's Peak. Otherwise I'll let you know who's been awarded your figure and you will be responsible for sending it to the lucky recipient. This way everyone both provides a prize and gets a prize. I know, it all sounds very Bolshie, but I think it should work nicely. 


Let me know if you have any other questions that I can dream up impenetrably complex rules for - its all part of the full service offered here at the Painting Challenge.

-Curt Actual Out 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for clarification Curt. I’m chuckling over number 3. There’s nothing like going live to find the little flaws one hadn’t thought about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh an early Christmas present - more rules to ignore, umm, forget about. Yeah that's it.

    Just kidding Curt, I shall treat the entreaties of this missive with all the respect and deference they deserve.

    Your humble servant, who you can TOTALY trust without any form of reservation,
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw what happened to my post when I used I thought you had found something clever ;)

    As I am represented by Che on the island I object to the phrase Bolshie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Nope, my recommended use of just underlines my hubris when it comes to technology.

    Hmm, I always have taken 'Bolshie' as a term of endearment - maybe I'll need to have a chat with my Imperialist friends. :)

    ReplyDelete