Wednesday 29 January 2020

From TeemuL: Fire, Fire! (45 points)

Here's something I was supposed to paint a year ago or so, but it never happened, since I had to paint something else. At the moment there is not that many needs, no army or campaign needs more painted forces at the moment, so I'm clearing my backlog in more or less random way. One reasonable way is to paint those figures I have primed already, so that is the reason for these demons.


There are seven metal Flamers of Tzeentch and one Ogroid Thaumaturge. Thaumaturges are strange creatures of Tzeentch, they are actually rather good in combat and they still are able to cast spells. I haven't actually tried him yet or never faced one, but that's what I have read. Actually, I'd like to get another one and convert him as Slaughterpriest of Khorne...




I'm not much of a blender (as miniature painter), but with these contrast paints it happens almost automatically and since I wanted to have some smoothness in the color transitions I tried it with these. They turned up rather nice. Big One got a bit too dark, but some drybrushing saved the day. The basing is Citadel texture "paint", which gives rather nice result after drybrush.


I calculated 45 points, 35 for 7 28mm demons and 10 points for the big demon (over 50mm tall).


Latest gossips from Awdry's Atoll:
"Demons?!? I have had enough of this atoll!"
"Get me a ship or something nautical!"
"Or better yet, get me a woman!"
"ANY woman!!!"











From Daved - The challenge always introduces me something i have no idea about - this is one of them..but they surely are colourful.. grand job

11 comments:

  1. Nice work on these Teemu, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random backlog clearing is a great way to paint. Well done on these really bright and unique colours Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors on those demons Teemu :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking demons! Got to love a flamer!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, I like to keep my Tzeentch colorful and rather bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab work.

    Great to see a flurry Tzeentch-ey colour and always lovely to see those old Citadel mini's- bags of character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's grand to see how your choice of colour has brought these figures together in a coherent group/ unit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these. The colours are riotously perfect. Well done, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete