Wednesday 29 January 2020

From MartinC - All Together Now - Douglas Shallows (120pts)

TRA LA LA
 LA LA LA LA
TRA LA LA
LA LA LA LA
TRA LA LA
 LA LA LA LA
TRA LA LA
LA LA LA LA


One Banana

Two Bananas

Three Bananas

Four

All bananas make a split so do many more

Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Come along to bring you the banana splits show
Four banana three banana two banana one

All bananas playing in the bright warm sun
Flipping like a pancake popping like a cork


Fleagle



Bingo

Drooper

and Snork

Confused, then you are younger than 50. The Banana Splits Showe was big when I was a very young child and it had the best theme song 
It was so good there was even a punk version by the Dickies
The Banana Splits drove 6 wheeled amphibious Argacats (which were a nightmare to paint - yellow, orange and white are rubbish colours to use and black lines are spectacularly unforgiving) and they will allow me to mess about in the Douglas Shallows.
These figures are from Crooked Dice and called The Friut Loops
So that is 4x28mm vehicles and drivers = 90pts plus 30 for the location
Right now I expect you all to be able to sing all the words so go back to the top and practice

From DaveD - I know song that will on your nerves... get on your nerves. You are a bad man..Cracking job on these Martin - I look forward to seeing them on our Gaslands track... mind my version will have a lot more firepower mmmwahaha!

120 POINTS IT IS!





24 comments:

  1. What the heck...??? I can deny this is the most original entry seen so far in the Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all right for you I've had this song in my head for months

      Delete
  2. I am old enought that I can remember saving cereal box tops for Banana Splits merch! I did have to check Wikipedia on the amphibiousness of the cars, but confer that these can in fact mess about in the shallows.
    Well done Martin. I await an HR Pufnstuff themed entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, we used to have an argocat at work. They are rubbish as a car and a boat. Had to look up pufnstuf

      Delete
  3. Dammit! I knew Dave was working on a set of these, but I didn't realise you were too! Great work Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, yes we bought them when Dave was buying gaslands. I'll have to put guns on mine

      Delete
  4. Cool! I have absolutely no clue to what this is, but I can certainly appreciate the gravitational well (sinkhole? earworm?) of nostalgia these children shows can evoke. I'm sure there are Canadian/American TV programs that would equally confound most Brits (The Friendly Giant, Mr Dressup, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, it was an American import from Hanna Barbera. It was rubbish but had great cartoons. Most interestingly it was directed by Richard Donner of Superman and Lethal Weapon fame

      Delete
    2. It was on one of our two channels likely CTV in the late 60s, roughly contemporary with George of the Jungle.

      Delete
    3. Nope, still predates my TV watching. If it it isn't Sesame Street then it's dead to me - Snuflupagus Rules. :)

      Delete
  5. Omg! Size of an elephant! Favourite childhood programme! Probably only childhood programme, I still know the words, oh and nice painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius, Arabian Knights was the best cartoon.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous, takes me back to a very happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeeeeeessssss!!!! Brilliant!! Takes me back to the very cozy happy fuzzy place of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not have any sort of reference to this, at first I thought you'd gone and painted some happy-meal toys, but reading the story carefully and following the links (I can't loose the song, I HATE you now) I must admit this post is awesome in the extreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ear worm shared is a ear worm lost. Glad you like it

      Delete
  9. Top marks on these, they remind me of holiday mornings!

    I must have caught the re-runs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps we should have looked a bit more closely at what sort of pharmaceuticals were being consumed at creative meetings in late 1960's Hollywood...

    Wonderful work on these retro gems, Martin, that takes me right back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm slightly at a loss, although I had heard the Dickies' version in Hit Girl. I have visions of them routing an SS unit...

    ReplyDelete