Sunday 2 February 2020

From ScottM: Samurai arrive at Snow Lord's Peak (145 Points)

For my climb onto Snow Lord's Peak, I went with a submission of some samurai figs. I've been working on this samurai project for a number of years. I pretty much have one army complete, and these figs will go towards the second army. At the rate I'm going I should be done somewhere around 2030.

These figs are all 28mm metal. All the infantry are from Steel Fist Miniatures and the cavalry is from TAG (The Assault Group). I've base up my figs so they could be used for Impetus and eventually when it comes out Command and Colors: Samurai. This first base is a group of Ashigaru with yari.








I was originally planning on doing two bases of Teppo instead of the yari troops, but the Steel Fist Teppo I had were actually really crappy casts. They're sitting on my shelf right now and I'm debating whether just to grind through them painfully or just pitch them. Argh!

Next up is a base of Steel Fist Samurai. These guys' armour tends to vary all over the place when it comes to style.







And finally is a base of mounted warrior monks. These figs are actually the first miniatures from TAG I've ever painted and I really enjoyed painting them. They're nice and clean and not loaded down with crap.







And here is the lot all together.



And that completes Snow Lord's Peak! From here I think I'm going to wander down the Path of the New Shiny.


So that should be:
15 28mm foot figs + 3 28mm cavalry figs = 105 +30 (location bonus) = 135 points.


___________________________



Oooh, these look fabulous Scott. Steel Fist and TAG? Awesome quality minis here, though I'm sorry you've had some quality issues with the Steel Fist offerings. It's terrific that you've given us the 'greatest hits', ashirgaru, warrior monks and samurai. The mon and heraldic devices are superb (I'm especially taken by the fellow with the butterfly). I usually go with low-profile bases, but I have to say I really like the look of your more chunky approach. 

I'm going to give another 10 points for all the flags and fiddly banners/devices. 

As to your prize, I award you with JonathanO's Necromancer.



Well done Scott!

-Curt

15 comments:

  1. Excellent conclusion of the Challenge Island tour!! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice start to your second Samurai army Scott and a great way to conclude your tour [unless you plan to carry on visiting island locations, of course] :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on these Samuraii and retainers Scott. You've well earned your reward. Congrats on your summit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations, a fine submission

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work on the samurai's armour and sashimono.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super looking samurai! Disappointing that you've had issues with steel fist figures considering their cost!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samurai are a pain to paint, but yours really reward the effort. I'm especially impressed that all the mon seem to be in the same position on the sashimono. Very precise work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for finishing the challenge and love the Samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the back banners, they're really rather nice all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Scott, these look awesome. Samurai...so cool, so close, but so far...I'm always impressed at those hobbyists who can pull it off. Tremendous work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's alot of very impressive Samurai you've painted Scott, nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! They look fantastic, Scott. I'll deliver your reward figure on Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your tour around Challenge Island.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good stuff; that butterfly is special!

    ReplyDelete