Sunday 2 February 2020

From SimonM: "Atomic Mass Games" Blank Panther (7 Points)

This 40mm scale plastic figure of King T'Challa is produced by “Atomic Mass Games” and can be bought as part of  the company's Black Panther & Killmonger expansion set for "Marvel Crisis Protocol". Assembled using eight separate pieces, not including its base, the model depicts the leader of Wakanda having already connected "to the panther god Bast by eating a special heart-shaped herb."



The miniature was initially primed using two layers of "Citadel" Abaddon Black and thoroughly dry-brushed with "Vallejo" Heavy Charcoal. I then shaded the Avenger with "Citadel" Nuln Oil, before picking out his eyes with a couple of dabs of "Vallejo" White. I also 'picked out' all his metalwork with a combination of "Citadel" Ironbreaker and Nuln Oil.



T'Challa's circular base, modelled to seemingly represent some street pavement, was undercoated with "Vallejo" Heavy Bluegrey and later washed with "Citadel" Nuln Oil. It was subsequently dry-brushed with (more) "Vallejo" Heavy Bluegrey using a make-up brush. 

Well here’s a trip down memory lane for me.  Simon was one of the bloggers allocated to my day of minion work way back in the day (Team Wednesday?) and I’ve always enjoyed the eclectic mix of figures that he brings to the challenge.  

And he does not disappoint here.  Eclectic check, excellent work check, something I didn’t know existed check.  All in all it checks all of the boxes and nets Simon 7 points if I am reading the points sheet correctly.  And if Miles ever gives me access to his baby I’ll make sure that this gets recorded.

14 comments: