Sunday 2 February 2020

From Curt: Amanda Sharpe 'The Student' from 'Mansions of Madness' (15 Points)


Hi All!


As I need to book balloon fare to Awdry's Atoll, I present to you another resolute heroine from 'Mansions of Madness'.

This is Amanda Sharpe, 'The Student'. 


Amanda's a bit of a miss in MoM as her special ability is focused purely on solving puzzles. This is not bad per se, in fact it can be quite handy at times, but unfortunately it's an activity that only plays a very small part of the game so she often ends up not pulling her weight. 


Like many of the MoM characters, Amanda is also featured in other Cthulhuesque games from Fantasy Flight, and her other renditions are often far more powerful (in 'Elder Sign' she is perhaps one of the most kickass characters in that game). Oh well, you can't be the belle of the ball all the time. 



This all being said, here she is, bespectacled, fresh-faced, in a green jacket and grey skirt. Clutched to her chest is a red-bound book - maybe a university textbook, a novel perchance? But perhaps it is something entirely more significant and sinister...



Amanda should give me 5 points, and with this being my sixth trip on Sarah's Balloon she'll provide me another 10. 

It can easily be deduced that I am irredeemably slothful as I've not yet traveled a step on any of the island roads! This is probably for the best, as with Lady Sarah's in-flight stores of champagne I'd be too smashed to attempt to stagger down any of these foreboding paths. :)

-Curt

33 comments:

  1. Great job Curt! Do you use anything else than just superglue to stick them to clear bases? I've been thinking about doing the same, but the test minis I did were super fragile and tended to fall off with even a small bump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samuli. As to the bases, yes, I use a very light application of superglue in a dry, well-ventilated environment (I found that any trace moisture will 'frost' the clear acrylic). Also, I always pin one of the figure's legs to the base in order to help it stay put. It's a bit fiddly but I like the final effect.

      Delete
  2. This is another kick ass figure, the collection must look really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. Yes, it's nice to have some of these done, but there are a boatload yet to get done. It's amazing how many characters they've created for their various Cthulhu games.

      Delete
  3. Another lovely mini, Curt. You should show us the full 'Mansions' collection at some point, so we can see all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel, I'll have to do a 'feature shot' of them when we do the Challenge wrap-up in April.

      Delete
  4. Another lovely character Curt - great painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story and acompanying figure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work on Amanda Curt, love the glasses. She looks a very keen student, maybe direct her to my classes. Having driven with you I am not at all surprised by the pinball like way you've careened around the island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they did a great job in conveying her Best Girl attitude. I do love to careen...

      Delete
  7. Lovely finish on your student!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed and with the lack of a repaint I assume you double checked the character card before putting paint to brush? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! If you look closely at the card you will see I screwed it up again, but I couldn't stand another wardrobe change so I let it slide. I figure the Deep Ones won't care when they're eating her. :)

      Delete
  9. Another very lovely Cthulhu mini, Curt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She might not be the most powerful character in your games but she definitely looks rather excellent in her green blazer. Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nick. It's all about facing the Dark Gods in your best outfit.

      Delete
  11. Great painting dude, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A real sharp looking figure Curt!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  13. She hasn't seen the table in my games either- great painting, though!

    ReplyDelete