Sunday 2 February 2020

From TeemuL: Lady for Ballon Ride (115 points)

"Lady Sarah, Lady Wonger"

"Get us and this lady somewhere out of this atoll, somewhere with no ships."

"That Mesa looks good, there please."

"Oh those? Lady needs some peasants with her, there's room for everyone."

"Come on, aboard please!"

"We should have our own drinks? Oh well, may be next time..."




Lady Wonger with her retinue. I'll use her as a ticket to get out of the Atoll to Mudry's Mesa. I have nothing nautical, nothing 30K, so I need to travel over these locations. I could have scratch build something or paint something to fit 30K from my 40K pile, but I'm going for the easier points at this time of the Challenge.


Lady Wonger is from Talisman Quest, I believe. I got her in one box another with all kind of random oldies some time ago. Nice metal sculpt, I'm not sure about the shield, I just added an oldish shield for her, something which had a hole in the middle to fit nicely. I see that I didn't take a good single photo of her, but she came out quite nicely, I'd say.


Her retinue is made of Bretonnian peasants, archers. Lady should not travel alone, you see. Ruleswise I'll be using good lady as Bretonnian Lord, who buffs nearby peasant units. A killer combo, I guess. Not really, I know.


I have painted them to fit my Hammerhal force, but in order to use these, I need to start using general Order alliance. Less rules to forget.


My Stormcast Eternals and other forces are dark gold and blue, but I thought gold would be too much for peasants, so I chose yellow instead. I only painted the helmets. daggers and end of the belt in gold, with Druchii Violet wash over it and a gentle drybrush with silver. Gives a nice tone to the gold, not too bright. If you take a look at Lady Wonger, you see the effect better.

17x5 points plus 30 for location, so 115 points. No hand painted shield, no flags, no bubbles (or anything else to proxy the bubbles).

Nice work on these figures Teemu.  Your lady looks just the ticket for a balloon ride.  Also your archers look great lined up like that.  The blue and yellow combination works well and in Canada when sports teams say blue and gold, they are really mean blue and yellow.

After a quick head count, that's 115 points indeed.

10 comments:

  1. Great work on these, although the winged helmet may negate the need to ride a ballon, she may take off unaided in a strong breeze.
    I used to have a load of those Brettonian archers myself, fond memeories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, the colours are very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice warrior and archers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colour scheme for the archers. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Teemu. I really like the blue and yellow on those archers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🎈Welcome to the Balloon 🎈
    The journey from the Atoll to the Mesa is particularly scenic, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete