Sunday 15 March 2020

From Barks: 40K supplies (80 points)

The blessing and curse of GW's 40K terrain is that it is festooned in little grimdark details. You can really go down a rabbithole trying to pick them all out.

I have acquired a few sprues and bits and bobs in the last couple of years, so I assembled them and set to work. I used rattlecan sprays and masking tape for the two-coloured barrels and shipping containers. I sponged on orange and brown, followed by a wash of Woodland Scenics Burnt Umber which gives a wonderful rust effect. Then I picked out a lot of fun details.

The collection

Shipping containers

Pipes

Crates

Toolbox and fire extinguisher!

Barrels
I really like these next two pieces. I don't know if the first is a comms device or a snack dispenser. I think it is a jukebox- after a long shift in the factory, you can put a credit in and hear some inspiring martial music.
Grimdark jukebox
This one is an exterminatus WMD planet-killing bomb, with the timer on 007. This would be a great objective to claim or defend, or just a cool thing your gang found. We don't know what it does, but every now and then the counter ticks over!

Exterminatus device

The rust trinity
I like the look of these, and was quite happy with how the chipping and weathering came out.

There's 4x Standard Terrain Cubes here, so 80 points.

More importantly:

Skull-o-meter™: 134
Cumulative Skullz: 183

After Paul's last entry, I don't have a chance of victory in our side duel, but I'm not done with skulls yet. I'll go down swinging!

MilesR: These are really very nicely done and I may steal your rust trinity concept. Well Done

10 comments:

  1. Great looking terrain Barks, love the jukebox! The toolbox is also a nice touch. Your time bomb could make a great scenario object - find it and defuse it without blowing your self up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or blow it up to sacrifice yourself and the planet but save the sytem?

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these Barks. They will grace your Necromunda and 40K games nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking 40k terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete