Sunday 15 March 2020

Rousell's Sandhill From Pete F: Tour Complete - Bruce for G'Day Donnybrook? (40 points)

The grand tour of Challenge Island comes to an end at Rousell's Sandhill. It has been an adventure and taken me to several obscure crevices on the shelf of shame that I would not have otherwise visited this winter. This entry is no exception.


Although I love Pikeman's Lament and bought up a bunch of minis to make ECW armies, the project has slipped down the priority rankings since my friends have plenty of troops for this period. On the upside this meant I had a few floppy hats to choose from.  This figure represents a Monmouth Rebellion rebel - whitish coat with oak leaves for unit identification. He's from the depths of Warlord's For King and Country box. I gave him the floppiest hat I could find. 


I didn't have a badger for the badger bonus points so Bruce got some, er, badger substitutes. The echidna and platypus were bought from a vendor at our local annual wargaming convention (Enfilade!) who sells various metal figures by weight. I got them for a Kings of War unit of woodland critters which has not yet come together.  


The Sandhill requires a story and this is Bruce's: there was an accident with a teleporter and a time machine. Bruce was impressed that, producing both eggs and milk, his new companions could make their own custard. The End.

Challenge Island Challenge Complete

One foot figure for 5 points - new (and final) location explored for 30 points. Anything else up to you.





I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I did minion this post last night. I can only assume that Pete decided to edit it at the same time and finished after me, reverting it to draft. Oh, well. Never mind.

That's a great character and I love the basing. The two critters get scored as 2 points each and I've added an extra point for the basing to give you a nice round 40.

Well done on visiting every island location. Now, you have six days left to do a Noel and revisit them all in reverse order!

TamsinP




6 comments:

  1. Great work in this figure Pete, you should do more of these. And now I know where to source minis for egg laying mammals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish, nice looking rebel!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tamsin - hmmm. I wonder if I have enough metal and plastic on the shelf to reverse course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a floppy hat! Great echidna as well.

    ReplyDelete