Sunday 15 March 2020

From StuartL - Challenge Island Safari Journal - 15th March (70 Points)

Greetings once again doughty C.I.S.T.e....

"Excuse me! I want to make a complaint."

One moment please, I am trying to update everyone.

"No! I want to register a complaint now. I've had enough."

Very well Mr. Biggleswiff. What exactly is the nature of your complaint?

"Well, where to begin? This tour has been awfully slow as of late, we've been chased by Ogres, infected by Plague Marines, nearly eaten by the Snow Lord, and to be quite honest, I'm not even sure you know where you are going."

I see Mr. Biggleswiff. Well, let me assure you that the Snow Lord was only joking about eating you, probably. As for the Ogres, they were a bit of a surprise for me too. And I have a map.

"That's beside the point. I want my money back and I want off this island pronto."

Is that right? As luck would have it we're at Sander's Sand Dunes, we have a regional office here. I'll just pop in a call to head office and they'll deal with you ASAP. One moment.

Good news Mr. Biggleswiff. They are sending the Director of Customer Services himself to deal with your complaint.

"WHO DARES SUMMON ME?"


Mr. Biggleswiff would like to register a complaint sir. Apparently he isn't happy with parts of the tour.


"IS THIS SO, MR. BIGGLESWIFF?"

"Um...er... well, it's just that... um... the Island is pretty dangerous, and um...."

"I SEE. PLEASE ACCEPT MY MOST PROFOUND APOLOGIES. ON BEHALF OF CHALLENGE ISLAND TOURS I CAN OFFER YOU A FULL REFUND AND IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF YOUR CONTRACT. WE HERE AT C.I.S.T PRIDE OURSELVES ON MAINTAINING THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. JUST INITIAL HERE AND YOUR CONTRACT WILL BE VOIDED AND A REFUND SENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT."

"Well sir, that's very reasonable of you. Thank you."

"YOU'RE VERY WELCOME. NOW THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER A PAYING MEMBER OF THE TOUR, IT WOULD APPEAR THAT YOU'RE NO LONGER COVERED BY THE C.I.S.T'S 'NOT HAVING YOUR SOUL DEVOURED BY AN IRATE DAEMON' POLICY. GOODBYE MR. BIGGLESWIFF."

#Crunch#

"ANY OTHER COMPLAINTS FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICES DEPARTMENT TO ADDRESS? NO? GOOD!"


Has he gone? Phew, He's a very hands on manager I must say. He takes the role as head of Customer Services very seriously. Trust me, he's a riot at office parties though.

Anyway, who would like a trip on a balloon?

----------

When I saw the entry requirement for the Sand Dunes, I knew that this model would be ideal for it. The figure is from a Reaper Bones Kickstarter and is massive. In fact, here is Battle Brother Proportionis Comparicus of the Ultramarines to show the scale.


The model stands over 4" high and has a 7" wingspan. Painting him was quite challenging as the wings make the figure quite heavy to hold as you're working on it, plus they get in the way a lot.


I have no idea how many points he's worth, so hopefully today's minion can figure something out, (plus 30 points for the Sand Dunes please). As the last line of the journal indicates, I hope to be availing myself of the services of Sarah's Balloon in the very near future.

MilesR: Wow a lot of people are leaving the scoring discretion up to me.  We;; some people just have to learn the hard way....  Using my completely malicious scoring decision making methodology, I deem this spooky entry worth 8 28mm figures or 40 points.  That nets you a tidy 70 for the whole shebang!

7 comments:

  1. That's a devilishly good entry Stuart. Poor Mr Biggleswiff, but if you don't read the small print of the T&Cs you only have yourself to blame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's one big deamon! Excellent work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is brilliant. That is one honkin' HUGE deamon! We need this guy working Reference at the Archives where I work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that’s how to handle complaints! I’m happy with my experience BTW. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting Stuart, you wouldn't wanna get on hid bad side would you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job Stuart and I had a little chuckle at your commentary.

    ReplyDelete