Monday 23 March 2020

From BenitoM: A Covid-19 Disrupted Group Shot

The X Challenge has brought a double disruption to me one positive and one negative. The positive is that all my initial painting plans were almost inmediately in disarray: my carefully planned core project (a German Early War army for Chain of Command) went into lock down when I was invited to test  Infamy! Infamy! by Richard Clarke, as my attention shofted to Romans vs Gauls (Ah, the buterfly wargamer... what a classic!)

The second disruption was not positive: the Covid-19 outbreak in Spain that dramatically has changed our lives. The Government decreed state of alert on March 12th, the population  confined home initially for 2 weeks (extended to 4 today, until mid-April.)  I had to abandon brushes and paints, getting busy with some domestic logistics, arrange how to take care of my 89 y/o mother plus having to transfer the operations of my company's 140 employees to remote in less than a week.

Hence my 700 points target that I very confidently thought to achieve was not reached (true, by a small margin).

The disruption also affects the group photo: the minis painted since December for the Challenge were stored in my local club's premises and obviously I don't have now access to them. I have rescued the photos and made a couple of collages to illustrate my output in this edition.


As you see this is a nice start for my Ancient armies and at least I have planted a seed to keep me active with the German Blitzkrieg project in the near future. As for the mandatory photo, here a terrible selfie (sorry, I have not developed millenials abilities) of my cornered painting desk, crowded out from my table now reconverted in remote working station.


A closer look to the tray will show the wreckage in terms of fully based and primed minis that I never had the opportunity to paint during the final lap of th challenge. 

On more cheerful note, the idea of the Challenge Island safari has been terrific. I have enjoyed a lot  searching the right path (and the right painting ideas) to reach the Snow Lord Peak, as well as following the fellow challengers adventures in this unexplored territory.

Google Map print
So farewell to all. Hope to meet some of you again the Quarantine Special Challenge or otherwise, in 9 month from now for the XI Challenge.

In the meantime, I wish you the  best of luck and health to you and your relatives. 
#Stayathome #YoMeQuedoEnCasa
 


  

13 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed seeing your "Infamy! Infamy!" project, as well as all your other submissions Benito. :)

    Stay safe and I hope to see you back with us for AHPC XI, if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ancients look spectacular, especially the command figures.

    Take care of yourself, your family and your staff, with any luck the lockdown will work and you can get back to normal sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely ancients inspirational for my early Roman force!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. stay safe and promise to find painting time

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing effort Benito, considering what's happened in Spain. I hope you, your Mum and your family and friends all come out the other safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Benito, and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was wonderful, autumn is smart and beautiful. thank you very much for the opportunity to see such work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay safe Benito, I hope Spain’s woes ease soon.

    Great to see you output this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant work Benito. I'm tired of talking about C-19 so I'll just keep it to the toys. I really loved all your Infamy! Infamy! posts, especially the shaman on the sacrificial rock. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed your per Ancients Benito, you may have rekindled my interests there. Stay safe and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Benito, we can only admire your output in what has proven to be a very difficult time for your country. Stay safe mate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stuff all-round Benito, I do hope to see you back for the next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete