Sunday 22 March 2020

From LeeH - AHPC X Body of Work - Best Challenge ever!

The Tenth Painting Challenge is over and I don't know about anyone else but I'm all brushed out for the time being. I need to clean up my Operations Room and find a home for the massive amount of stuff I painted! I've only had this hobby room for a few months and it's already FULL! I'm not complaining though, it has been a fantastic challenge and I've been more productive than at any time before. So time for my 'Body of Work' picture.



So what's in that mess-o-models? Quite a bit for me, I'm used to a smaller collection of work by the end of the Challenge. So here's a brief picture review of everything I managed to get done.






I think it must be obvious from these pictures that my work hasn't been dominated by 6mm this year. I had a quick look at my own personal 'Spreadsheet of doom' (yes I have my own!) and it turns out that 880 points from my 1400 total came from other scales. And worse still (according to RayR) nearly half my points were earned from work on a particular ice-bound Fantasy game. At this rate, I'm likely to have my membership of the Rejects revoked! Certainly, my reputation as 'the 6mm historical guy' is in doubt.

As already mentioned, I always keep a tally of my planned projects during the Challenge, tracking my progress as the week's tick past. I'm rather chuffed to say that I've outperformed myself at every stage of the competition. I've achieved a new 'personal best' and by every measure that I count, this has been my best Challenge ever. 


I'm already looking forward to the next Challenge and have started giving some thought as to what I want to paint. Alexanders army to face off against my Indians is a strong contender, but who knows. I look forward to seeing some of you in the recently announced Quarantine Challenge and hope to see many of you in December for Challenge XI.

LeeH (aka BigLee)

23 comments:

  1. Bless your heart - a spreadsheet. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 years as an Administrator will leave its mark...

      Delete
  2. Lovely stuff Lee! You've had another great Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy with my output this year, and it was fun to mix it up and not just focus on 6mm.

      Delete
  3. I really loved your frost grave work, are you after Miles's job. You will have to take his abacus from his cold dead hand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I just need to find somewhere to store it!

      Delete
  4. The frostgrave terrain was ace and I loved the witch and worm too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the terrain has already seen action in a game (batrep on my Blog). Mind you I got my backside handed to me by my daughter so on second thoughts, don't read it!

      Delete
  5. Superb work Lee! While I really liked your terrain and larger figrues, it's still the wee lads that do it for me. Delighted you had a great time out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my stuff. I certainly enjoyed painting the Indian army. Macedonians next year? Maybe.

      Delete
  6. The frostgrave terrain looks marvelous, hopefully you can enjoy a lot of games on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already had one game...not a great result for me but at least it was a game. If I played just for the win I'd have given up this hobby years ago!

      Delete
  7. I really like the way you've presented this, Lee. Clearly a really organised painter - every one of your entries is nice, clean and excellently done. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I enjoy the photography as mush as anything and I think I had a better setup this year.

      Delete
  8. The Frostgrave stuff is great, but those 6mm armies really look the part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My heart will always by 6mm, but it was fun to mix it up this year.

      Delete
  9. wonderful and smart selection of miniatures, excellent work with paints and demonstrations. I am glad of your every work, Mr. Big Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I hope you liked what I did with your Neanderthals? Thanks again for sending them, much appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Terrific way to present your output this year, also quite impressive as well. I'll likely see youy in the around in both the Quarantine and the XI Challenge later this year. In the meantime, stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the Quarantine Challenge. Not sure my output will be huge, mind you as I'm classed as a key worker and therefore am still working. We're all playing catch-up at the moment so things may settle down eventually.

      Delete
  11. You had a great Challenge Lee, I really enjoyed your stuff. I’m sure that you can find a historical scenario to fit the Frostgrave terrain and thus avoid being a rejected Reject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to make some Stalingrad Terrain now.

      Delete
  12. Those group-shots of your work are really cool indeed! And while the Frostgrave scenery itself is awesome, the way in which you have planned and executed your mammoth task is even more admirable! See you next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete