Sunday 22 March 2020

From AlexS: Хорошо! (Good!)

Hello everybody! My name is Alex, I'm from Russia!


I was very happy to take part in a wonderful new event. I really liked the idea with the island and the transition from location to location, and I even painted more than I originally planned. Here are so many:


I did a whole project dedicated to the mythical pirate republic on the island of Madagascar, described by Daniel Defoe. It now has huts, and the jungle, and soldiers of the East India campaign, and African savages with shamans and a noble leader, and, of course, pirates.













Next - I made many miniatures as part of my project "Sicilian Normans." On March 22-23, a story event on the basis of the SAGA system was to be held, and these miniatures were supposed to take part in it, but despite the fact that we have almost no cases of the new virus in the city, it was canceled. It happens...


I also did a little for my old project - the Wild West, which I started during the last event.



In addition, I made even the little things of different miniatures and terrain elements. Special thanks to Сurt for challenging me at the peak of the Snow Lord and I discovered something new in myself - I made a three-dimensional map of the island. It was interesting and exciting.



It was a wonderful three months in my life. I am grateful to Curt and his team of assistants for the time spent. As always, everything was at the highest level. All the participants were great, and to express my admiration, I would have to write everyone’s name and tell how good they are. But then a new event will begin ... But I would especially like to thank Tamsin, who changed her drawing style and I like this new style and inspire me.

Unfortunately, one of two things that I dream of from my first event did not happen: I did not learn English so that I could communicate freely or the language of the event did not become Russian. Therefore, I wrote few comments (позор! - shame! ) And did not understand everything. But I saw that many take photographs of alcoholic drinks on the background of miniatures. I also decided to take such a photo. Thank you all, and see you next time!





15 comments:

  1. Well done Alex - isn't Vodka an international language in and of itself? The island picture frame was one of my favorite submissions of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always the quality, quantity and creativity of your entries has been outstanding Alex. And do not worry about your English - it is a thousand times better than my Russian! It's been great to have you with us again and hope that you will be joining us again next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Brilliant wrap-up post Alex! I loved all your entries, especially your descriptions of your work. Always a pleasure to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Алекс, отличный набор цифр от тебя в этом году. спасибо тебе за неандертальцев
    See you next challenge hope Google transatlantic workec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always entertaining and inventive posts!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your terrain projects have been inspirational yet again. I look forward to seeing more of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex - your English is much better than that of many Englishmen (I speak as a committed Yorkshireman) and your entries are always wonderfully creative, for which little language of any kind is needed. I really look forward to seeing your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work Alex! Your submissions have been a major inspiration once again. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a fantastioc adventure for you Alex. The post that I will always remember is the island map you did... terrific original idea. Congrats and hope to see around in 9 months from now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all very much! I love you very much! you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Alex, it’s great to see what wonderful stuff that you create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful assortment, especially the terrain - something from nothing! Well done Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Challenge Alex, see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to have you with us Alex, your creations and posts are always great fun

    ReplyDelete