Tuesday 3 March 2020

From MattK - Sister of Battle for Sarah's Balloon and odds and ends. (95 points)

As mentioned last time, I've got two larger project I've been working away on and one of which is a new Sisters of Battle Army. This is the first figure I've totally completed for that project and will act as my ticket fee for a ride to Snow Lords peak.

I'm blown away by these new figures and have a ton of them on my workbench now. I simply love painting them as well.

In addition to the actual ride on the balloon, I broke open a bottle of champagne for the bonus points among other celebrations, so included is an unflattering photo of me from the tail end of said bottle.


This location will mark 5 on my map and I'll be taking the balloon to Snow Lords peak.


This Sister of Battle is far from all I've been working on though. I was hoping these would be done in time for the last entry but they're done now. The final batch of boats for my trireme project. As I said at the beginning (and I'm sure every post since) I want to end the challenge having actually tried some of these new games and with this final batch of boats we did finally play Poseidon's Warriors so included is a small photo of that.


On the subject of adding to projects, In my ever growing Uruk-Hai army (which is now closing in on big enough for a proper game of War of the Ring) I've added another banner to the force and will now probably make it a tradition to add another LoTR banner to my collection with each challenge.


Lastly, I've finished one new scenery piece for This is Not a Test. This is a Shanty Town building I printed off thingiverse. I'm writing a tutorial for my own blog about it so there's a few extra photos.


The building is approximately 6"x5"x3" so for scoring purposes is comes in at just 10 points but it was a blast to paint. I have more printing at the moment but with how close the end is I'm unsure if there's time to get it submitted.

Here comes the math:
Sister of Battle - 5 points
Sarah's Balloon - 30 Points
Champagne Bonus - 5 points

12 Boats -  36 points
Uruk Banner - 5 Points
Shanty Town Building  - 10 points

For a total today of 91 points.

------
By Paul:
Well that is quite an impressive menagerie of projects!  That Lady of Battle looks quite focused - I'm sure she will lead her sisters to Victory soon.

Your triremes particularly grab my interest - I was aboard the only one in existence late last year, the Olympias, in Piraeus harbour.  Quite a special day.

The Uruk is great - I particularly like the hand painted...hand. Better give you a few bonus points for that.  The 3d printed terrain is also very nice, you clever chap.

95 points in total, with particular emphasis on the "bottom of the bottle" pic of bubbly!

10 comments:

  1. Some great entries here, Matt. I really like the triremes - I'll check out your blog to see how the game plays - and if a shack could be stunning, yours would be!
    Meanwhile, your uruk reminds me I've four or five of those banners to get done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Matt, I do especially like that building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking collection of stuff, love the shack,B52s anyone!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your what?
      Tin Roof,
      Rusted ...
      Love Shack, Baby Love Shack

      Delete
  4. 🎈🥂Champagne and Sisters of Battle .... great combo! We’ll be heading up to Snowlord’s Peak and it’s clear sailing ahead, enjoy the scenery🎈

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply love that canoness Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on this variety pack Matt, you’ve earned your bubbly. How did your PW game go?

    ReplyDelete