Wednesday 3 February 2021

From JasperO - Winter Americans (30 points)

When the Chambers of Challenge were first revealed, I really tried to mentally go through them (or at least the ones I thought I was likely to get to!) and figure out what could fit where. It's a simple fact that not everything I wanted to paint would fit. I'll just have to work harder to reach my puny goals.


So here's part of a cold-weather-ready section of American infantry for WW2. They're wonderful Artizan Designs figures. Quite different from the Empress engineers I finished last week, but very satisfying to paint. For the rest of the squad, I plan to try a browner hue to the OD overcoats. We'll see if I can manage that.


Points-wise, I think this is very straightforward with six 28mm figures for 30 points. When I complete the section, I'll give myself a pat on the back and will be able to field a Chain of Command platoon in varying weather (or just have an extra section handy as a support choice). 


11 comments:

  1. I really like your US Army project this year. Outstanding painting work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo these are very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous looking winter GIs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look excellent Jasper. Ready to push the Germans out of the Hürtgenwald or smash through the Westwall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasper very nice. I’m a huge fan of Artizan. Some do not like the bulk, which is what I think I enjoy. I’ve for the same figures some done some not.

    Well done
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another vote for Artizan minis here, they are great. Nice work on this group of chilly GI's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ver6 nice work on these figures, they look well bundled up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suitably chilly; there's something about the gloves that really sells them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice highlighting on the faces and coats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fine looking troops Jasper!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another cracking group of figures 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete